A review of my first ever Carnival cruise!

This will eventually be a review of my first ever Carnival cruise. It was nothing like i expected. I am currently on my way home and will be working hard on this review.

I feel after hearing so many different opinions on this cruise line, i should give a very detailed review!

The dates of this cruise were 7/13/13-7/20/13, however i will also be discussing my pre-cruise experiance.

I even made a little bullet point list day by day on things i want to touch on.

I will also try to post some photos!

Stay tuned....

Ps-let's try posting a pictureImageUploadedByForums1374355715.427344.jpg.bf8d403429e37e4090d21b0e85e14cff.jpg

Miami this morning from my balcony. Let me know if the size is ok. I am on my phone so i cant tell :)

Carnival Liberty...i will play around with the picture size when i get home then...sorry for leaving this thread to hang for a little while..my phone is losing battery but we are driving from Miami to Charlotte and i got impatient and decided to start the thread with 14% battery life LOL!

Looking forward to your review! I'm glad you enjoyed your very first cruise vacation, it only gets better from here as you will undoubtedly take more cruises and try other cruise lines as well, this is only the beginning.

HI all!

I was a first time Carnival cruiser in April & really liked my Dream cruise.

In fact I might just book it again but have decided to try Breeze in the meantime.

Looking forward to your review & bigger pictures.;)

Safe travels!

~ Jo ~ :)

Looking forward to your review! I'm glad you enjoyed your very first cruise vacation, it only gets better from here as you will undoubtedly take more cruises and try other cruise lines as well, this is only the beginning.

You must have signatures turned off.

OP has 3 previous cruises listed, just none on Carnival.:)

Bill

I know it’s late on a Saturday night but I figured I can at least give you all a little introduction to get this review going!!

As I stated earlier this was my first Carnival cruise (but not my first cruise). The ship was the Liberty and the itinerary was the Western Caribbean leaving from Port of Miami on 7/13/2013 and returning back to POM on 7/20/13. I have sailed Princess twice and NCL once. Honestly, I never thought I would EVER go on Carnival because of all the negative things I have heard and/or read here on cruise critic….buttttttt never say never right? ;)

Ok so back to the introduction: I am a 27 year old female who cruises with her mother (age left out on purpose), sister (24), and boyfriend (34). We started cruising in 2009 and have been addicted ever since. We are normally those people who book at least 6 months in advance and plan, plan, plan, and plan! However this cruise we booked less than 60 days from sailing so all we did was plan a little bit. Some may have noticed from my signature that I have a countdown saying I did this itinerary in December 2012 which would have been correct except we had to cancel the cruise due to a medical emergency and I just keep forgetting to delete the countdown.

Once the cruise was booked we had to figure out how we would travel to Miami to catch the ship. My mother and sister live in New York while my boyfriend and I live here in the Charlotte, NC area. The last time I saw my mother and sister was Christmas and a visit was long overdue so we decided that my mother and sister would drive down to me here in Charlotte on July 4th and then from Charlotte we would drive to Miami on the 11th which was 2 days before the Liberty set sail.

We chose to stay at the Marriott Hollywood Beach hotel, (which was fabulous and I promise I will go into more detail about this hotel and location further into my review), picked some shore excursions, planned a little more here and there and before we knew it vacation time was here!

Now I must warn you I am a very anxious person so some of the stuff that you will read will hopefully have you laughing as I explain to you some situations I found myself in that a normal person would find insignificant but an anxious person like myself would think the world was coming to an end.:eek:

I also must warn that I will be painfully detailed, or at least what I think is detailed, but only because I was one of those people who thought Carnival was the Wal-Mart version of cruising, (which is kind of ignorant on my part to think that is a bad opinion considering I love to shop at Wal-Mart :rolleyes:)and learned quickly that I was wrong!

Any who I am rambling because I am exhausted but here is how I am planning to do this review: I will do a day by day which will include lots of details and will be appropriately titled so you can skip over anything you may find boring and then at the very end sum up each category like food, room, etc.. Then give some tips that I think may be helpful.

Off to sleep I go…more to come tomorrow!! Goodnight :)

I cannot wait to read your review!!!

And.... most of us, reading CC reviews.... LOVE DETAILS!!

Looking forward to reading your perception vs. reality - I want to share it with some friends who question year after year why I cruise with Carnival.

Catrin

I didn't forget about you. I am trying to write a few installments while catching up on my shows, doing laundry, and patiently waiting for 5pm to come so i can go pick up my dogs from boarding. I will post within the next few hours :)

Archived