Jewel 2 questions please

I was looking at the Compass from recent trips and noted it says that tank tops and short pants are not allowed in the Windjammer at lunch....really? We only sailed RCCL once before but I seem to remember such clothing was allowed. Can someone clarify?

Also wondering about booking Chops. Never did a specialty restaurant before and wondering if booking one day in advance is sufficient?

Thanks to all in advance.

I've never seen that dress restriction in WJ.....they want butts and tummies covered...that's about it, so no bathing suits without an opaque coverup.

If you're not set on a given timeslot, 1 day ahead for the specialties are usually fine.

I was looking at the Compass from recent trips and noted it says that tank tops and short pants are not allowed in the Windjammer at lunch....really?

Shorts are fine at all times in WJ but I agree with the tank tops. There are signs to that effect. We did see one man wear his tank top (muscle shirt) in WJ and it was very, well, off-putting. I prefer not to see anyone's armpit hair while I eat.

There is a no shorts/ tank top rule in the dining room, though they do not enforce the shorts rule. I have never heard of the rule in the WJ in fact last weekend a guy I was talking to at the pool said he was turned away from the MDR at breakfast and told he could either go get a shirt with sleeves or go tp the WJ.

Archived