What activities are aboard? [Sapphire]

Superpowers810

I'm looking forward to my first cruise on the Sapphire to the riviera but I'm a little apprehensive.

It looks a little boring. It doesn't seem like there will be anything to do except eat, swim, and watch shows. Are there any other activities aboard?

Thanks.

Lots of activities each day. Most are on sea days, fewer events during the day when in port. Each evening you will get a Princess Patter with the schedule for the next day. Some activities include trivia, lectures, food demo, tour of galley, afternoon tea, bridge, other games, pool games, bingo, art auctions, spa, and others.

If you search the Princess section, you should be able to find some Princess Patters. The activities will be similar on all Princess ships.

"Activities" means different things to different people. What you won't find on Princess:

Rock Climbing

Zip Lining

Belly Flop Contests

"Best Legs" Contests

Activities based on binge drinking

What you will find on Princess:

Movies Under The Sun/Stars

Trivia

Poker and Blackjack tournaments

Pop Choir rehearsals and performance

Passenger Idol singing contest

Lectures

Wine Tastings

Culinary Demos

Ship Tours

Ice Carving

Yoga

Zumba

There are plenty of things to do, but Princess is admittedly and intentionally not a hotbed of rip-roaring Spring Break type activity.

"Activities" means different things to different people. What you won't find on Princess:

Rock Climbing

Zip Lining

Belly Flop Contests

"Best Legs" Contests

Activities based on binge drinking

What you will find on Princess:

Movies Under The Sun/Stars

Trivia

Poker and Blackjack tournaments

Pop Choir rehearsals and performance

Passenger Idol singing contest

Lectures

Wine Tastings

Culinary Demos

Ship Tours

Ice Carving

Yoga

Zumba

There are plenty of things to do, but Princess is admittedly and intentionally not a hotbed of rip-roaring Spring Break type activity.

I do have nice legs, though I'm not the kind of person to show them off :p Thanks for those list of activities and to paul for the "Princess Patters" stuff.

How does the ambiance aboard Princess compare with the ambiance on a line like NCL? They are an option along with HAL.

I have not been on another cruise line, but I have been on several Princess Cruises at different times of the year.

Princess is for the everyday person. What you see is what you get. There will be multigenerational families, couples on honeymoon, couples celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary and everyone in between. Even though it is a large boat, you find yourself in a routine that matches others with similar interests and it will seem like a small group of friends.

Take Princess, you will not be sorry!

What the others have said. :D

We are taking our first NCL cruise in April, but we have sailed HAL and PCL. We love both lines. Sapphire is a beautiful ship, and I doubt you will be bored for the MR cruise.

HAL probably has more older people---we are in our late 60's--

We took our 2 deaf adult DS and DIL on Sapphire for the 15 day Hawaii cruise. We loved it. They prefer RCI and the mega ships.

Like Jimmy said--this is not the party spring break type of cruise. If you want a calmer atmosphere but still have the quality attention, then you will love Sapphire.

Pat

I'm not sure what you need in activities and what cruise lines you have sailed before. I will say, I have cruised the Sapphire many times to the Mexican Riviera and never been bored. However, if you happen to be a Carnival cruiser and need constant stimulation from various sources the Sapphire might not be for you.

I'm not sure what you need in activities and what cruise lines you have sailed before. I will say, I have cruised the Sapphire many times to the Mexican Riviera and never been bored. However, if you happen to be a Carnival cruiser and need constant stimulation from various sources the Sapphire might not be for you.
I have never cruised before.

I'm very hyper and pretty ADD but Carnival looks too gaudy and rambunctious for my mom and I. Princess seems like a nice middle ground.

The other choice is NCL on the Norwegian Star but it looks like it has about the same activities as Princess. I'm going to ask about it on the NCL board

I'm 98% sure we are taking Princess but we won't be able to book for awhile so just going to peep around more. Thanks again and I'll sure be back with more questions :p

Archived