I'm in the Penthouse!!!

cruz chic

[quote name='OVgirl']A beautiful Cinderella story... don't loose your glass slipper.

Congratulations on a fabulous upgrade, but don't forget to get off the ship at the end of your cruise.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but then I have to go back to work:D.

[quote name='sapper1']Just imagine if you got in and couldn't get out? By the time you were rescued, clothed of course, you would look like a prune. :D:D
Might be a good idea to have a buddy when you try it for the first time.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that wouldn't be good. If I think I can't do it I won't. I used to love to sit in my bathtub. It's been a long time since I did that. Off topic but I used to get down on the floor to play with my favourite puppy (my brothers dog that is no longer a puppy). He looks at me like why don't you do that anymore?

[quote name='lorekauf']I have a question for you. How difficult is it to get into the jacuzzi? Normally it wouldn't be a problem but with my knee messed up if I have to go up a ladder type thing it might be an issue. Thanks for the good wishes and I hope you enjoyed the Statendam.[/quote]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=royalblue]I know you saw the picture of the Jacuzzi, but I don't know if you realized the scale. The Jacuzzi is not up high. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#4169e1][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#4169e1]I've been in [SIZE=2](and back out! :D)[/SIZE] of the penthouse Jacuzzi a couple of times, and I have a lot of trouble climbing, bending, etc. I just sat on the edge [SIZE=2](there's plenty of room)[/SIZE], swung my legs over, and slid in. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#4169e1]Getting up, since you will be in water, will be fairly easy; there's a lot to grab on to, and just swing out again. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='lorekauf']I have a question for you. How difficult is it to get into the jacuzzi? Normally it wouldn't be a problem but with my knee messed up if I have to go up a ladder type thing it might be an issue. Thanks for the good wishes and I hope you enjoyed the Statendam.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Boytjie']I took this picture on the Eurodam:

[ATTACH]280405[/ATTACH]

There are a few steps and a sturdy hand rail.[/QUOTE]

I was going to post just based on recall from a few years ago a step or two up was it and that I would look at my pictures once I got home :)

I think you as well might be able to sit on the edge of it and turn and get in if this is easier for you but it probably won't be (but a possibility). The few steps and step, step together might be easier.

I thought the steps to get in were in a different place than this picture but just shows you how well I can't remember things from years ago :)

Loved the gold sinks. And the shower with the all body shower heads was fabulous. We had full course meals at the nice sized dining room table. Bring some cd's of your favorite music if you like the surround sound was fun to have on softly on the balcony and in the cabin- so peaceful. I can't recall if there is an iPod docking station.
Just be sure not to set off the fire alarm with the toaster. :D. We had the captain calling us one morning to see if we were ok. Snce we were setting off alarms on the bridge. The toast didn't even burn. It barely even turned the bread brown or warm but it set off the fire alarm. Needless to say we never used it again. Eek!

[SIZE=3][FONT=Arial] HOLY MOLY !!! Just found this thread how exciting !!!

Personally Lorefauf I don't think you should get in a hot tub unattended.I will be glad to volunteer for life guard duty....I can spot you in and out of the hot tub,bring wine,hand you binoculars etc. etc.. plus I am great company I like to think of myself as well dressed and genuinely funny... but most importantly I know when to shut up...clearly an asset to Penthouse dwelling. tee hee..just kidding.:D So happy for you.

This is so fabulous... everyone will be wondering who the mysterious woman is traveling in the Penthouse...what fun.:):)
[/FONT][/SIZE]

[quote name='RuthC'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=royalblue]I know you saw the picture of the Jacuzzi, but I don't know if you realized the scale. The Jacuzzi is not up high. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#4169e1][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#4169e1]I've been in [SIZE=2](and back out! :D)[/SIZE] of the penthouse Jacuzzi a couple of times, and I have a lot of trouble climbing, bending, etc. I just sat on the edge [SIZE=2](there's plenty of room)[/SIZE], swung my legs over, and slid in. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#4169e1]Getting up, since you will be in water, will be fairly easy; there's a lot to grab on to, and just swing out again. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

That's great information. Thank you!

[quote name='tamsocal']I was going to post just based on recall from a few years ago a step or two up was it and that I would look at my pictures once I got home :)

I think you as well might be able to sit on the edge of it and turn and get in if this is easier for you but it probably won't be (but a possibility). The few steps and step, step together might be easier.

I thought the steps to get in were in a different place than this picture but just shows you how well I can't remember things from years ago :)

Loved the gold sinks. And the shower with the all body shower heads was fabulous. We had full course meals at the nice sized dining room table. Bring some cd's of your favorite music if you like the surround sound was fun to have on softly on the balcony and in the cabin- so peaceful. I can't recall if there is an iPod docking station.
Just be sure not to set off the fire alarm with the toaster. :D. We had the captain calling us one morning to see if we were ok. Snce we were setting off alarms on the bridge. The toast didn't even burn. It barely even turned the bread brown or warm but it set off the fire alarm. Needless to say we never used it again. Eek![/QUOTE]

Yikes, good advice about the toaster. It would certainly be a novel concept to have hot toast on a cruise. I always miss that. Thanks for all the other tips too.

[quote name='COLLEYBERRY'][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial] HOLY MOLY !!! Just found this thread how exciting !!!

Personally Lorefauf I don't think you should get in a hot tub unattended.I will be glad to volunteer for life guard duty....I can spot you in and out of the hot tub,bring wine,hand you binoculars etc. etc.. plus I am great company I like to think of myself as well dressed and genuinely funny... but most importantly I know when to shut up...clearly an asset to Penthouse dwelling. tee hee..just kidding.:D So happy for you.

This is so fabulous... everyone will be wondering who the mysterious woman is traveling in the Penthouse...what fun.:):)
[/FONT][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Pack your bags:D. Now I really am going to have to get that full length bathing suit.

[quote name='lorekauf']Pack your bags:D. Now I really am going to have to get that full length bathing suit.[/quote]

[SIZE=3][FONT=Arial]Deal !! :D:D See if Sapper is busy....I may need an assistant...she's Canadian ..I am sure she knows when to shut up too[/FONT][/SIZE].:p

[SIZE=3][FONT=Arial] Seriously Lorekauf... have the most wonderful time[/FONT][/SIZE] .:)

Colleen

[quote name='COLLEYBERRY'][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial]Deal !! :D:D See if Sapper is busy....I may need an assistant...she's Canadian ..I am sure she knows when to shut up too[/FONT][/SIZE].:p[/quote]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=royalblue]Hey! What about me??? They made me an honourary Canadian, ya know! [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='RuthC'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=royalblue]Hey! What about me??? They made me an honourary Canadian, ya know! [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]

[SIZE=3][FONT=Arial]Oh Ruth I am so sorry,,,of course you are...will you be in charge of chocolate. ??...selection , serving, etc .[/FONT][/SIZE]:D

[quote name='COLLEYBERRY'][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial]Deal !! :D:D See if Sapper is busy....I may need an assistant...she's Canadian ..I am sure she knows when to shut up too[/FONT][/SIZE].:p

[SIZE=3][FONT=Arial] Seriously Lorekauf... have the most wonderful time[/FONT][/SIZE] .:)

Colleen[/QUOTE]

I'm learning when to shut up. :D. I'm also free that week---- and we Canadian Triplets did make Ruth an honourary Canuck. I've heard the term "Canadian Mafia" expanded to include more of us but that comes under learning to shut up. :D

[quote name='sapper1']I'm learning when to shut up. :D. I'm also free that week---- and we Canadian Triplets did make Ruth an honourary Canuck. I've heard the term "Canadian Mafia" expanded to include more of us but that comes under learning to shut up. :D[/QUOTE]

I haven't learned that skill yet. Get packing!

[quote name='lorekauf']All the Canadians (honorary too) will go. Ruth, you have to share the chocolate with me or no deal:D.[/quote]

[SIZE=3][FONT=Arial] Thanks for sharing your good fortune with us Lorekauf...look how much fun we are having and you haven't even left yet[/FONT][/SIZE].:):)

[SIZE=3][FONT=Arial] However with so many Canadians... line from 'Jaws' comes to mind[/FONT][/SIZE]...
[SIZE=3][FONT=Arial] "We're going to need a bigger boat ([/FONT][/SIZE]penthouse)" :D

[quote name='lorekauf']All the Canadians (honorary too) will go. Ruth, you have to share the chocolate with me or no deal:D.[/quote]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=royalblue]Deal! [SIZE=1]:D [/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#4169e1](I have a spare key to the pillow [COLOR=sienna]chocolate[/COLOR] storage closet. ;))[/COLOR][/FONT] [/SIZE]

Thanks for sharing your good fortune with us Lorekauf...look how much fun we are having and you haven't even left yet.:):)

However with so many Canadians... line from 'Jaws' comes to mind...

"We're going to need a bigger boat (penthouse)" :D

Too funny:D. I've truly appreciated all the nice comments on this thread.

I'm learning when to shut up. :D. I'm also free that week---- and we Canadian Triplets did make Ruth an honourary Canuck. I've heard the term "Canadian Mafia" expanded to include more of us but that comes under learning to shut up. :D

:D:D:D

.... and we know how to have fun AND shut up, LOL.

Houston, we have a problem. I have a little (ok, more than a "little") trouble pulling off the "shutting up" part. :o

When I worked, I was on the carpet more often than my vacuum cleaner. :rolleyes:

Archived