I'm in the Penthouse!!!

cruz chic

Houston, we have a problem. I have a little (ok, more than a "little") trouble pulling off the "shutting up" part. :o

When I worked, I was on the carpet more often than my vacuum cleaner. :rolleyes:

Hahaha - you're my kind of gal, Ruth:D

I recieved an upsell to the the Penthouse last night. I phoned first thing and I'm in!!!! This will likely never happen again so I'm super excited. It's going to be hard to work today:D.

Lorene

OMG--that is great!! This will surely help your knee feel better and heal faster.

I need to get back to work on my "sail with Lorene to Alaska" plan!!!

So happy for you

ML

It's been a long road since that obstructed ocean view. Remember when we had the wine crawl in the penthouse ? That's still my best cruise. So much fun. Tell Joyce to hop a plane. It will be close. Don't you guys need another vaycay? I think I'll be ok to walk. It just gets sore pretty easily. I hope that 3 weeks from now I'll be back to exercising some or my surgeon is going to get hurt:D.

I remember obstructed view cabin and the wine crawl too!! You were 3 rooms one way from us and I think Rick and Joyce were 3 rooms the other way. And George had the PH and we ended the wine crawl there. And Rick brought that great bottle of wine.

I guess wine crawl days are gone now, what with the new, unimproved bringing wine onboard policy.

ML

Houston, we have a problem. I have a little (ok, more than a "little") trouble pulling off the "shutting up" part. :o

When I worked, I was on the carpet more often than my vacuum cleaner. :rolleyes:

You know, the best part of having a security clearance and being 60 is honestly not being able to inadvertently spill the beans ... because you don't remember where the beans are.:D (What I dread is the day I don't remember what beans even are.) I can, however, shut up very well -- just keep the Molsons coming.;) (Now, if it's gossip, and you can't say something good about somebody ... well, come sit next to me!)

Dave

Love it. I'm going to have to remember that.

You guys are too funny. I've been out most of the day so I'm catching up.

well just don't go to the wine thread - you want to stay in a good mood:D

LOL - you're going to have a blast my friend.

well just don't go to the wine thread - you want to stay in a good mood:D

LOL - you're going to have a blast my friend.

Oh I've seen it but I had to quit it. Too many posts. I'm surprised at the severity of it. They have to back down. Makes me wonder if they went so severe because they knew they would back down then look like heros.

Lorekauf - I always enjoy your posts and am thrilled that you get to cruise in a PH. I also wanted to say that whatever knee surgery you had I hope you continue on the road to complete recovery very soon. (I am currently nursing DH thru a total knee replacement and it is not fun.) AND this time if your luggage doesn't arrive you will survive in luxury in your room. :D

Ruth you are absolved from "shutting up":):)....afterall a woman with a good opinion should never remain silent.... the "I know when to shut up" part was to reassure Lorekauf I wouldn't be too irritating as a roomie,,,,but i am thinking if you are in charge of chocolate you can probably say what ever you want.:D:D

Lorekauf - I always enjoy your posts and am thrilled that you get to cruise in a PH. I also wanted to say that whatever knee surgery you had I hope you continue on the road to complete recovery very soon. (I am currently nursing DH thru a total knee replacement and it is not fun.) AND this time if your luggage doesn't arrive you will survive in luxury in your room. :D

What a nice post. You are so sweet. I went in for a meniscus repair but it was badly torn. It had been that way for almost 5 years. From the sound of things he removed part of my meniscus. I exercised a lot prior to surgery so the loss of that has been difficult along with the recovery time. I can't imagine how bad a replacement would be.

I recieved an upsell to the the Penthouse last night. I phoned first thing and I'm in!!!! This will likely never happen again so I'm super excited. It's going to be hard to work today:D.

Congratulations! Sure beats the "dog-house.

Congratulations on the PH, I'm sure you will get to exercise that knee while inspecting your spacious surroundings.

Seriously, have a great cruise and enjoy every minute.

Helen

What a nice post. You are so sweet. I went in for a meniscus repair but it was badly torn. It had been that way for almost 5 years. From the sound of things he removed part of my meniscus. I exercised a lot prior to surgery so the loss of that has been difficult along with the recovery time. I can't imagine how bad a replacement would be.

I sure hope you don't have to have a knee replacement. I have been avoiding that for quite a few years now.

I knew of a person who had one knee replaced 3 times in roughly 10 years. She was not a happy camper.

I sure hope you don't have to have a knee replacement. I have been avoiding that for quite a few years now.

I knew of a person who had one knee replaced 3 times in roughly 10 years. She was not a happy camper.

I will avoid that like the plague. Hopefully it will never come to that.

Elective surgery is of course always a personal choice....but speaking as someone who xrays at least 50 patients a week either pre or post surgery..I can tell you for the vast majority a knee or hip replacement is like a new lease on Life. The instant relief from the chronic pain they have been enduring alone makes the surgery worthwhile,

Chronic pain is an exhausting business....certainly like any type of surgery there will be some who will experience complications...but for most it greatly improves their quality of Life.

Hope it doesn't come to it ..but be reassured should it ...there is a medical option that has helped many many people.

Elective surgery is of course always a personal choice....but speaking as someone who xrays at least 50 patients a week either pre or post surgery..I can tell you for the vast majority a knee or hip replacement is like a new lease on Life. The instant relief from the chronic pain they have been enduring alone makes the surgery worthwhile,

Chronic pain is an exhausting business....certainly like any type of surgery there will be some who will experience complications...but for most it greatly improves their quality of Life.

Hope it doesn't come to it ..but be reassured should it ...there is a medical option that has helped many many people.

That's good to know. I'm constantly hearing nothing but negatives. It's likely because those folks are likely more vocal.

As someone who has enjoyed your posts and who has her own knee problems, I am so happy for you. Last year we had to cancel our Baltic cruise because I could barely walk. I had elective surgery in October--a lapband. I just came home from our 2013 Baltic cruise in an up sold SA. We had one of the best family vacations ever!

My knee pain is less due to my lower weight. However I still don't walk without some pain and standing for long periods is still difficult. I don't know what will come with the futures but I don't fear knee replacement. My dad had one five years before he died and his main regret was that he didn't have it sooner.

As someone who has enjoyed your posts and who has her own knee problems, I am so happy for you. Last year we had to cancel our Baltic cruise because I could barely walk. I had elective surgery in October--a lapband. I just came home from our 2013 Baltic cruise in an up sold SA. We had one of the best family vacations ever!

My knee pain is less due to my lower weight. However I still don't walk without some pain and standing for long periods is still difficult. I don't know what will come with the futures but I don't fear knee replacement. My dad had one five years before he died and his main regret was that he didn't have it sooner.

Thx. That's great info.

Archived