Junior Suite on hump vs Grand Suite on Oasis

I have a JS center hump (finally) on a higher deck I am trying to decide if it’s worth changing to a GS on a much lower deck. I know the GS comes with CL access and a few more extras. The rest of my group is not in a suite but currently on the same deck. If I move, I have to move seven other people as well. I am also assuming my JS comes with two lounge chairs.

With that said, would you give up a center hump Junior Suite on one of the highest decks for a GS on deck 6 or 7?

Thanks for any feedback.

I have a JS center hump (finally) on a higher deck I am trying to decide if it’s worth changing to a GS on a much lower deck. I know the GS comes with CL access and a few more extras. The rest of my group is not in a suite but currently on the same deck. If I move, I have to move seven other people as well. I am also assuming my JS comes with two lounge chairs.

With that said, would you give up a center hump Junior Suite on one of the highest decks for a GS on deck 6 or 7?

Thanks for any feedback.

Depends on the price. How much total to move to the GS?

Thanks for any feedback.

Having done both, I would stay with the JS. We have paid the price for not having the rest of our group on the same floor on the OA. IMHO. Only one lounge chair if memory serves me right, not alot of time to use the balcony on OA. lol

Looks like about $200 (original JS price vs current GS). Thanks Bob.

I know you have some other considerations, but based on price alone, I'd move. That's a very good price to move from a JS to a GS, especially if you are not yet entitled to the Concierge Lounge.

Having done both, I would stay with the JS. We have paid the price for not having the rest of our group on the same floor on the OA. IMHO. Only one lounge chair if memory serves me right, not alot of time to use the balcony on OA. lol

Thanks Seatrvelers. We are bringing some friends who have never crusied before on RCI and another that has never cruised period. So we are in close proximity on deck 12.

I know you have some other considerations, but based on price alone, I'd move. That's a very good price to move from a JS to a GS, especially if you are not yet entitled to the Concierge Lounge.

Bob thanks. This is going to be a tough one I think, especially to have everyone on the same deck again.

Bob thanks. This is going to be a tough one I think, especially to have everyone on the same deck again.

Hi first time in a grand suite . It says on the rccl web site there is a tub on the balcony but haven't heard anyone mention this .Can someone clarify if it is true . Thanks

Hi first time in a grand suite . It says on there web site there is a tub on the balcony but haven't heard anyone mention this .Can someone clarify if it true please . Thanks

No tubs on the balcony of Grand Suites. I believe you have to go to the Royal Suite for the balcony jacuzzi.

If you're with all new cruisers (at least to RCI), then none will have access to the CL, anyway. I'd stay in the JS, just to be near all your friends. I think we had two loungers on Oasis, but none on Allure.

We loved our JS on the hump!

We were in a JS, center hump, deck 7 on the Oasis this past October. The balcony had two loungers, a table and two chairs and was plenty big enough. That being said, I really don't care what deck I'm on as long as I am mid ship. You can see from my countdown clock we're on the Oasis again in September and have booked a JS, which is deck, center hump and we're quite happy with that. However, if a GS becomes available at a lower rate, which is reasonable, we'll upgrade. We were very happy with the JS except I wish it had a double sink in the bath. However, it does have a walk-in closet which was great. Deck 7 is very quiet and that appealed to us and made it quite easy to walk down to the promenade deck. I hope this helps.

Thanks Seatrvelers. We are bringing some friends who have never crusied before on RCI and another that has never cruised period. So we are in close proximity on deck 12.

LOL, with all these others that have never cruised RCL or ever and trying OA for their 1st cruise, you will NEVER be in your cabin(s). Trust me, I didn't unpack for 2 days the first time we went on Oasis and that NEVER happens, lol. Save your money and use for the wonderful specialty restaurants! imho

Well one of the families new to RCI cruising is a group of three. There are no more cabins that can accommodate three for our sailing. So that takes care of that move. We convinced them to try RCI for the first time, so I would feel bad leaving them (and plus cannot invite them to CL either). Another big factor that I forgot until I called C&A is I am traveling with teenagers/minors in another cabin who have to be directly across from us or next to us. This is the good and bad (sometimes) about planning a cruise for a relatively big group of family and friends.

Thank you all for your feedback, it is much appreciated.

Archived