Parking at New York Terminal

gaillyn

I got an email that the terminal might be full when I get to the city. It gave alternate places to park. I am hoping it is just a form letter/email.

Has anyone been turned away from the main long term parking terminal?

Thanks!

Personally, we've never been turned away and I've never seen the lot 100% full. Try to arrive 10-10:30. That's a little early for embarking, so most folks don't arrive quite that early, but the folks who just got off the ship and parked will pretty much all be gone by 10 or shortly thereafter, so all the parking spots they occupied are now available.

It hasn't happened to me, but I have seen a couple of reports of people who arrive relatively late being turned away because the lots were full.

Just out of curiosity, who sent you the email? I assume your cruise line?

My last NY cruise, we got there about 11:30ish and there was plenty of parking. Perhaps there is more than one ship in port and/or there are many ships leaving that week from the port thus tying up the parking for your week. I got the impression, many don't park there because of the $35 per day fee and find alternative means of getting there. Good luck

My last NY cruise, we got there about 11:30ish and there was plenty of parking. Perhaps there is more than one ship in port and/or there are many ships leaving that week from the port thus tying up the parking for your week. I got the impression, many don't park there because of the $35 per day fee and find alternative means of getting there. Good luck

We have never been turned away...

FYI - Pier does not accept American Express... learned this the hard way... They only accept cash' date=' visa and master card.[/quote']

But some have been turned away...particularly if you arrive in the afternoon and particularly if there are multiple ships in port. It's even more likely now with the Norwegian Breakaway cruising from NY, due to the ship's passenger capacity.

But some have been turned away...particularly if you arrive in the afternoon and particularly if there are multiple ships in port. It's even more likely now with the Norwegian Breakaway cruising from NY, due to the ship's passenger capacity.

To give you an idea what ships are going to be in port on the same day, it's a good idea to check out the schedule. ;)

http://www.nycruise.com/schedule/

Archived