Gifts and treats ordered for your cabin

meltingmoments

Hi all. Almost time for our Jade cruise!! :D

We've had a bit of a tough few months in our household, what with one thing and another and my DH has been an absolute rock! I don't know how I would have got through without him. So I thought it would be nice to treat him and I've ordered some of his favourite wine to be delivered to our cabin on the day we sail........SATURDAY!!! :D :D

My question is, if any of you lovely people have done this.....are the gifts usually there when you first go to your cabin, or do they tend to arrive later? Not sure how much longer I can keep the secret!! :o

Thanks for any insight! :)

We've had a bit of a tough few months in our household, what with one thing and another and my DH has been an absolute rock! I don't know how I would have got through without him. So I thought it would be nice to treat him and I've ordered some of his favourite wine to be delivered to our cabin on the day we sail........SATURDAY!!! :D :D

My question is, if any of you lovely people have done this.....are the gifts usually there when you first go to your cabin, or do they tend to arrive later? Not sure how much longer I can keep the secret!! :o

Our gifts were delivered shortly after we occupied our cabin.............everything was lovely!

Happy cruising!

Hi. When we were on jade last week ? i had ordered two bottles of wine for the cabin for embarkation . And they were both in the cabin when we arrived, the wine white was in a ice bucket and the red wine next to it with a fabric servette around it plus a box of chocolates( we didn't order the chocolates ) plus a gift card . ( I had ordered the wines online and you say when you want them delivered plus what you want the gift card to say) the only thing they had forgotten to bring to the cabin was two wine glasses but once we seen our cabin steward he got some for us.

Anymore questions just ask. And have a lovely cruise.

No corkage fees for wine purchased from NCL. If you order wine for your cabin you are buying it from NCL. Corkage only applies to wine that you bring on the ship that was purchased elsewhere. It's the same as what land-based restaurants would do.

Thanks, although dh and I plan on purchasing the UBP, I want to have a couple of bottles in our cabin so I can just sit on the balcony late afternoons, have a couple of glasses and enjoy without having to send him to a bar for a refill!

Hi. When we were on jade last week ? i had ordered two bottles of wine for the cabin for embarkation . And they were both in the cabin when we arrived, the wine white was in a ice bucket and the red wine next to it with a fabric servette around it plus a box of chocolates( we didn't order the chocolates ) plus a gift card . ( I had ordered the wines online and you say when you want them delivered plus what you want the gift card to say) the only thing they had forgotten to bring to the cabin was two wine glasses but once we seen our cabin steward he got some for us.

Anymore questions just ask. And have a lovely cruise.

Thanks for the reply!

That sounds lovely.....the little finishing touches make it even better!!

Thanks for the good wishes too.....glad you enjoyed the Jade! :)

Everything was always there in my cabin, I ordered a dozen roses for myself for my October 6th cruise~~hope they open nice~~from me to me!:)

I like your style!! ;)

I have to be honest and say.....I thought if DH was having a treat.....then so was I....so ordered some chocs to go with the wine!! ;)

Whoa.....I'd never SEE sailaway if I drank Absolut......I'm a lightweight, I am!! :o

Yea. A little bit goes a long way. I sniff a cork and I'm tipsy! I tend to like longer cruises and having friends in. I never seem to finish a bottle.

Yea. A little bit goes a long way. I sniff a cork and I'm tipsy! I tend to like longer cruises and having friends in. I never seem to finish a bottle.

Now THAT made me giggle!! :)

I'd like to maybe try a longer cruise.....give me a few years till I retire and it may happen! :)

Now THAT made me giggle!! :)

I'd like to maybe try a longer cruise.....give me a few years till I retire and it may happen! :)

I had been on my current job over 10 years with nothing longer than a week off at a time. Then we hired a new lady and she took off 2 weeks to go home to S America. Well... After that I decided "why not me" and I have taken 3 cruises over 11 days. Love them.

I had been on my current job over 10 years with nothing longer than a week off at a time. Then we hired a new lady and she took off 2 weeks to go home to S America. Well... After that I decided "why not me" and I have taken 3 cruises over 11 days. Love them.

Why not you indeed!

I'm lucky enough to have School holidays.......the DH........not so lucky....hence the need to wait for Retirement!! ;)

But we ARE extending our hols this time with 2 nights in Venice so all is good! :)

Why not you indeed!

I'm lucky enough to have School holidays.......the DH........not so lucky....hence the need to wait for Retirement!! ;)

But we ARE extending our hols this time with 2 nights in Venice so all is good! :)

That sounds nice. Have not been to Venice yet. Lots of art museums I would like to visit.

Archived