Quick question regarding Odyssey

Cashew14

We are looking into booking a cruise with Seabourn and was wondering about the loungers on the verandahs.

Someone posted pictures which showed the loungers in 2 pieces (chair and footstool). But on the website it looked like they are 1 piece loungers which I would prefer!

Could someone please enlighten me?

Thank you for your help.

Andrea :)

Based on my one experience on the Quest they were two piece. It may be because the veranda's are so small that it is easier to maneuver two pieces than larger one piece chaises.

Hmmm, thank you. Since we spend quite a lot of time on the balcony it would not be the most comfortable way :eek:

Any other suggestions where you can find loungers in "one" piece? (Besides the pool obviously).

Thank you for the help, it sounds a little over the top but we do like to have it comfi. :)

Andrea

We are looking into booking a cruise with Seabourn and was wondering about the loungers on the verandahs.

Someone posted pictures which showed the loungers in 2 pieces (chair and footstool). But on the website it looked like they are 1 piece loungers which I would prefer!

Could someone please enlighten me?

Thank you for your help.

Andrea :)

They are indeed two seperate pieces which is useful as you can use the chair on its own or put the foot stool at the bottom to stretch out your legs.The back of the chair reclines.I do not like the foot stools and have them taken away to give us more room.

On the subject of balcony chairs, do make sure that your suite stewardess has arranged the furniture properly each day so that the legs of the chair are firmly supported on the timber of your balcony. You can get a nasty shock if one leg slides down from the 'decking' part of it and drops around 2" to the metal at the edge! (I speak from experience!).

They are indeed two seperate pieces which is useful as you can use the chair on its own or put the foot stool at the bottom to stretch out your legs.The back of the chair reclines.I do not like the foot stools and have them taken away to give us more room.

I wonder why they would just put a recliner chair on the balcony if people like to relax. Do other cabins have "proper" loungers?

Sorry to be such a nuisance, but I know how important this will be to us.

Andrea

I wonder why they would just put a recliner chair on the balcony if people like to relax. Do other cabins have "proper" loungers?

Sorry to be such a nuisance, but I know how important this will be to us.

Andrea

Seabourn are just trying to make good use of limited space.

In a V class suite the balcony is not massive and it would not make sense to put two full loungers in this space.

On the subject of balcony chairs, do make sure that your suite stewardess has arranged the furniture properly each day so that the legs of the chair are firmly supported on the timber of your balcony. You can get a nasty shock if one leg slides down from the 'decking' part of it and drops around 2" to the metal at the edge! (I speak from experience!).

One could spill ones drink if one was not careful. :)

MR LUXURY. :)

You seem to have all the answers to questions, please advise in which cabin we will be able to stretch out on a "one piece" lounger on the balcony. Please. :)

Penthouse suites on ninth deck. Quite roomy. Inside suite roomy too.

Don't forget many people like to dine on the balcony, or at least have breakfast, so it's necessary to have a lounger that can become a chair as there is not enough room for two chairs and two loungers.

If you want to lounge AND have a seat to dine on then I would suggest one of the two Wintergarden Suites. That suite has a massive sun deck. Two full loungers and a four seat table. The rest of the suite isn't too shabby either. :)

I believe the signature suite, owner's suite and penthouse suites also have both loungers and seats but I can't speak from experience on those suites.

If you want to lounge AND have a seat to dine on then I would suggest one of the two Wintergarden Suites. That suite has a massive sun deck. Two full loungers and a four seat table. The rest of the suite isn't too shabby either. :)

I believe the signature suite, owner's suite and penthouse suites also have both loungers and seats but I can't speak from experience on those suites.

Spree75, PH suites do not have loungers except for PH Suite #635 (I just stayed in it last week)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived