Help with Parking in Baltimore??

Could someone with experience give me some advice as to terminal parking in Baltimore? Where do I find directions? Is there a hotel there that allows and has safe parking for the week and should I go the night before. I really don't know a thing about the facilities there and trying to figure out the best course before I cruise in Sept. Thanks in advance!

We sailed out of the Baltimore port 2 years ago, the morning of our trip we just drove our car about 3 miles from the hotel we were in over to the docks. The ship sails from a commercial dock facility and all we did was follow their lead park the car in a large designated parking area with many other cruisers. They then come around in small jitney busses and pick up you and your luggage and take you over to the ship. There was a charge per day for the parking I do not remember how much it was and I am sure it is a little more now. You can find info on the port from the RCCL website. We were gone 11 days and when we returned the car was just fine. Have a Great trip!

Dave :)

The directions to the port were printed in my cruise documents for my August cruise out of Baltimore. There is a Best Western that has a cruise parking special, but I read some mixed things here about the location. Some airport hotels, I found, will allow you to leave your car there, but you'd have to taxi to the port. With 5 of us, it will just be cheaper and easier to just drive and leave the car at the terminal. It is $10/day, cash only in advance. I figure if it is a port lot, there has to be some sort of security. :o

This year parking is a lot better at the port. As you enter the cruise terminal entrance (just follow the signs) you will be directed to a secure fenced lot. From there you will be able to walk to the ship as it's about 100 yards or so from the lot. There will be longshore people there to help with your luggage and direct you to where you need to go.

As far as the Best Western from other post I would not recommend this hotel it is located across the street from a truck stop and the area is less than desirable. If you are planning to come in the night before I would check into hotels arond the BWI ariport area as several have a park and fly or cruise package. Here is a link to hotels around the airport

http://www.bwiairport.com/around_town/accommodations/

Any other questions just ask I work there.

We juat sailed out out of Baltimore in May and parked in the terminal lot, cost is $10 just as previous poster said. The lot seemed very secure and we had no problems. There really are no hotels close by. City of Baltimore hotels charge very high prices to park even when staying in their hotels. The closest would probably be BWI hotels and I don't know if any would shuttle you there. The directions were very easy to follow. Don't want to make any Baltimore people mad, but in that area the safest place to park is probably at the terminal lot. Out daughter lives 15 miles south of Baltimore and we live in Pa. so we are familiar with the area.

Thank you all so much for the information. Sounds like the Terminal parking will be my best bet. Having never been there I'm glad to hear that is sounds easy and safe. I'll wait till I get my packet from RCL now and the directions to the port. Thanks again :D

Another alternative - take a look at parksleepfly.com. They have a Ramada that will give you 14 days free parking, and free shuttles to either cruiseport or airport for $109. The room can be used either the night before or after the cruise. Just depends on how long your cruise is, whether that's a deal.

Have also parked at the Baltimore port - seemed secure and no problems.

We just took a cruise on 6/19 out of baltimore. Parking was great. They direct you right to the luggage carts. The workers were friendly one guy had us all laughing. After that they direct you to a parking spot. Then it is a short walk to the ship. Going thru the customs was fast and easy. The lady at the desk was nice. $10 a day. Secure. We stayed at the inner harbor hyatt. My buddy got a deal thru their web site $177 a night. Orig like $250 night. 15min drive to dock Inner harbor was cool.

I agree with DJ's statements...it was VERY easy. The only thing I don't like is that you have to pay for a FULL day's parking on debarkation day....that really is NOT right, since you're only there for a few hours--then they make more money later in the day with the next load of people.

Tonyo -

Quick question - what berth number is the cruise ship pier at Dundalk? We just shipped a racing yacht out of Baltimore heading to Spain, you may have seen her hiding amongst all the construction and agricultural equipment (Sjambok).

Thanks

We went down the day before & stayed at a hotel (I think it was Best Western) about 15 minutes away (I checked with my TA & she made the arrangements). A few hotel chains offer cruise & park deals) & we only paid $99. We had free parking & free transportation to the port, so it was worth it. Plus, when we got to the port, the driver flashed a card & we cruised right on up to the terminal while other cars & buses were waiting in line. It was easy & worry-free.

Wendy, were you at the Best Western Baltimore Travel Plaza? Was there a bus station there too? If so, how was it?

Privateer, The cruise terminal is shed 3. The berth is in the channel between Dundalk and Seagirt, alongside Dundalk Shed 3.

Nope...they charged us $60 for a 5-night cruise.

That is crazy! Thanks for the heads up. People arrive later on arrival day then they leave on departure day, so those parking guys are making an extra $10 on every car that comes into the port.

Tonyo....how do they figure that way of calculating is right? Sounds like "new math."

Howard, I'll check my cruise info from last year & answer your question over the weekend. I don't recall a bus station (but then I am not too familiar with the area). We drove from Elizabethtown & left the car parked at the motel while we cruised. Since we would have had to pay to park at the terminal, we felt this was a great deal.

Nope...they charged us $60 for a 5-night cruise.

We were on the same cruise you were on and they only charged us $50 to park. My huband and I were trying to figure out how much it would be and I had $60 in my hand, but when we pulled up to park they only asked for $50. I must say that it was very easy to drop off our luggage and park. Parking right beside the ship was so nice.

Howard, I checked the TA docs & it was the Best Western on O'Donnell Street. I forgot that the price also included a buffet breakfast, however, the food was just OK. We chose Best Western because our TA recommended the package. Some of the on-line reviews were not totally positive, but the hotel as a whole was what we had anticipated, nothing fancy but it was clean. I'm not sure if they still offer the park-n-sail package but we thought it was convenient and well worth it.

Archived