Question for Canadians with Nexus cards

Hopefully someone who knows more than I will chime in but I don't think so. Have you tried the online checkin? Royal seems to have that under pretty good control and I don't think it will steer you wrong. If you say you are Canadian, the only choices for documentation should be passport and NEXUS. If it gives you other choices get more suspicious. In getting the NEXUS you were screened by US Immigration and the NEXUS meets WHTI requirements so everything looks good to me.

That said, I've found a lot of the security personnel at US ports are not very well trained about NEXUS, so your passport could make things a lot easier. It shouldn't be a big issue, but I don't think you could fly back to the US if you missed the ship and you could have a problem if there were no flights to Canada. If it Isn't a problem, I'd say take the passport as a backup.

Roy

The Bahamas requires Canadian citizens to have a passport.

Canadian Citizens

A Canadian citizen does not require a visa to visit The Bahamas and can remain there for a maximum period of 8 months. The individual, however, must have the following documents:

A Canadian passport, with an expiry date that is NOT less than 3 months, after leaving The Bahamas (for direct travel) and NOT less than 6 months (if transiting through other countries such as the US)

A return ticket

It was recommended to me by the NEXUS people to always carry your passport along with your NEXUS card, even for short trips to the U.S. The officer said that if you drive down to the States and for some reason need to fly back a passport might be required because not all U.S airports accept the Nexus card as ID.

We've decided it's better to be safe than sorry so we always parry the two unless it's a day or two two day shopping trip to Buffalo. If something bad happened I could walk back across the border.;)

Archived