Inexpensive ideas for 20th wedding anniversary cruise

We will be on an 11 day cruise in October to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary. Any inexpensive ideas would be appreciated. I am taking LED candles for the balcony and bringing a bottle of our favorite local wine. I will be paying the corkage fee, of course. I would also like to surprise my DH with a special idea. Thanks for any suggestions.

Is there some prop that you can bring for the photos that might bring back a cherished shared memory. Something you wore for you wedding, a private joke, etc.. Do you think he'd remember what you gave as wedding favors? Maybe bring that with you, especially if it is a snack or candy.

We will be on an 11 day cruise in October to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary. Any inexpensive ideas would be appreciated. I am taking LED candles for the balcony and bringing a bottle of our favorite local wine. I will be paying the corkage fee, of course. I would also like to surprise my DH with a special idea. Thanks for any suggestions.

We will be celebrating our 10 year anniversary on our cruise, the LED candle is a great idea!

Is there some prop that you can bring for the photos that might bring back a cherished shared memory. Something you wore for you wedding, a private joke, etc.. Do you think he'd remember what you gave as wedding favors? Maybe bring that with you, especially if it is a snack or candy.

Our wedding favor was a CD of some of our favorite love songs, think I'll take this on the cruise with us.

Order several desserts from room service, or take some from the buffet, fresh fruit is always romantic. I know Carnival has a cheese plate in the MDR you can order to go. Carnival also had pretty affordable chocolate covered strawberries on the ship (at least they did in 2011, but the prices online to pre-order are like $20 for a few- I remember them being like 4/$5 when I was on the ship). Regardless of which cruise line you are using, they will have options to create your own wine & cheese and/or dessert platter, it may not cost you a dime!

If you can, go to the dollar store and get a platter and set them up all nice to enjoy with your wine on the balcony.

Also, instead of wine, you have the option to bring Champagne.

If you want "frisky" fun, you can look online for specialty romantic games like playing cards, dice etc. or various edible items. Some can be cheap like a card pack for $4.95 kind of thing- but watch out for shipping- you wouldn't want him to see the packages come in! I once created my own kit for my husband and I to enjoy using those eye covers to sleep with. You can use various elements that your husband would not suspect, such as a feather to add to the mood ;)

lilcruizr, there is usually so many free activities on the ship... take a dance class on the ship, if the ship has a spa go to the "open house" and get any free trails (some do hand or foot massages) they give and then buy some of the lotions (or bring some with you) and go back to the room to practice what you just learned, go to the art showing and get the free champagne and prints, every place you go tell the cruise members that it is your annivarsry cruise,tell the maitre'd when you are being seated for dinner...you will be surprised what my turn up for you.....call and arrange to have a cake or special dessert sreved one night at supper.

I posted this on the cruise fashions board, but I will probably bring my wedding veil and we'll take a picture somewhere with the wind blowing through it lol. Of course I'm not wearing my entire wedding ensemble, just thought it'd be nice to wear something besides our rings from our actual wedding day and I may do that on every major anniversary (15, 20, 25, etc.). We're also going to the steakhouse for our anniversary dinner.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived