Car Rental - Seattle

Downpayment

Looking for info on renting a car after the cruise. I am having a hard time with the price to return it to the airport vs leaving the car where we are picking it up from. If we leave it at the airport they want to charge us 75.00 if we drive to the place where we pick it up than we have to take a cab to the airport at the cost of 35.00.

I have never had this issue with renting a car before. THey do not have a shuttle to take you to the airport from the car rental place.

Looking for suggestions.

I am thinking of dropping our luggage off at the airport when we leave take the car to the place we are getting and hoping there is a public transporation to take us to the airport.

we looked into them and was like alot from the airport .

the drive out to the airport is like 30 mins

the light rail goes to the airport but takes longer and with bags good luck

try east side for hire there cheaper than a reg cab bye a few dollars

Where are you picking up the car? there may or may not be public transportation to SeaTac from that location. Can you manage your luggage easily?

Your ship will be at Pier 91 which is about 5 miles north of the downtown core. (SeaTac is a good 30-40 minute drive south)

There are kiosks at each pier for National, Alamo and Enterprise. They pick you up at the pier and take you to their office downtown for the car. Most people drop off rentals at the airport and I don't recall anyone saying the fee was as high as $75. Perhaps it depends on which vendor you use.

http://www.portseattle.org/Cruise/Services/Pages/default.aspx

Enterprise is one of the only ones that charges more for seatac drop off. Hertz and most of the major will allow a drop. Suggest you call the local offices. Don't depend on the 800#'s

Thanks I think we will do that. Enterprise called me yesterday and said OH WELL TOO BAD. NOTHING. Said the airport charges them 35.00 to leave the car there and then they have have to get a driver to bring the car back to where we got it and they have to pay that person.

OH WELL ENTERPRISE did not get our business now or later.

Enterprise isn't as setup for one way rentals.

I did a rental through National in Seattle. They have a shuttle that picked us up at the pier, dropped us at the downtown location, and dropped the car off at the airport. No special charges.

Enterprise has their own way of doing things. If the car is out of their region, they charge to go get it. For a round trip rental, they do OK. When I travel on business, I don't have a choice, they have our corporate account.

Archived