Kon-Tiki cruise and 3 year old

christa

Has anyone been on this cruise lately? Do you think three year olds would enjoy? Thanks in advance.

Eh. It's a booze cruise that goes around the harbor and then stops at Honeymoon beach. There are probably better options for a 3 year old here.

• 3 weeks later...
Drinks are no longer free.

A couple of years ago we went on it when we had heard that it had changed.

We enjoyed the ride to the beach and back to the ship.

We booked through the ship.

Thank you, we are going to give it a try. Have been to St Thomas so many times running out of things to do.

Hi all,we just got back for a 7 day cruise on the Carnival Valor.Our first stop was St. Thomas so we booked the Kon-tiki thru Carnival after embarking on the ship.This was by far the best excursion we did all week.We are a family of myself[59],DW[51],DD[28],DS[17],DS[15].We all had a blast on the Kon-tiki the crew where great [telling us about St.Thomas and its history] ,showing us the coral thru the glass bottom, and at Honeymoon beach.My DW and DD went snorkeling and actually saw and swam with several turtles and schools of fish.They do serve drinks on board from the bar in the back.The punch is free and they have ice to add if you want it.If you want a adult drink they have several different on [including rum to add to the punch]and they also have hot dogs and burgers available also different kinds of chips.The steel drum band on -board was great and they do a limbo dance for anyone that want to try.Over all we had a great time and would reccommend this cruise to and for anyone and all ages.

I’m a local and I see excursions day in and day out. Let me tell you it is nearly impossible to characterize any excursion with any great certainty for any particular day. There are so many factors that influence the “tone” of the excursion including 1) what time of day the excursion starts, 2) how many other excursions guests have already been on, 3) how hot it is, 4) how much drinking goes on prior to the excursion, and 5) the number of friends traveling together, just to name a few. One day the Kon-Tiki and/or other excursions can be filled with people looking for a quiet beach experience and a nice boat ride with dancing and great Caribbean music, and the very next day it can resemble “Animal House” with way too much bad behavior. IMHO a 3 year old would probably really enjoy a nice day just playing in the sand and water.

I’m a local and I see excursions day in and day out. Let me tell you it is nearly impossible to characterize any excursion with any great certainty for any particular day. There are so many factors that influence the “tone” of the excursion including 1) what time of day the excursion starts, 2) how many other excursions guests have already been on, 3) how hot it is, 4) how much drinking goes on prior to the excursion, and 5) the number of friends traveling together, just to name a few. One day the Kon-Tiki and/or other excursions can be filled with people looking for a quiet beach experience and a nice boat ride with dancing and great Caribbean music, and the very next day it can resemble “Animal House” with way too much bad behavior. IMHO a 3 year old would probably really enjoy a nice day just playing in the sand and water.

I am now totally confused as to what I want to do. Detest being around drunks, we never enter a bar on the ship and have a total 0 bar bill unless we purchase virgin smoothies. Do not care how much other people drink, just don't ruin my day.

Archived