Royal Caribbean Website Frustration Grows

Hi all,

I have been trying since Sunday to make a reservation on the RC website, to no avail. The constant message I am getting is "sorry the information you are requesting is unavailable, please try again later".

This is so irritating. I got so annoyed I decided to look into a cruise on Celebrity and I had major issues there too. I couldn't use the find a cruise option. Does anyone know if there are issues with too much traffic on the sites or is it my iPad perhaps. This isn't the first time I've had problems with RC online.

Anyone else as frustrated as I am?

Ally

Hi all,

I have been trying since Sunday to make a reservation on the RC website, to no avail. The constant message I am getting is "sorry the information you are requesting is unavailable, please try again later".

This is so irritating. I got so annoyed I decided to look into a cruise on Celebrity and I had major issues there too. I couldn't use the find a cruise option. Does anyone know if there are issues with too much traffic on the sites or is it my iPad perhaps. This isn't the first time I've had problems with RC online.

Ally

Hello Allyman,

Fancy seeing you on here:p Are you still cruising in Nov?

I've been on the RCI site with no problem...might be your iPad. Donna

I was getting the same message on PC and ipad. I ended up just calling them and booking over the phone. Of course I did that 2 days before the sale started so I missed out on that. LOL

Oh well at least we are booked. We wanted 3 x balcony rooms side by side with 2 interconnecting and we got them so am happy about that. :)

I was getting that message at the final hurdle Big M....

I did assume that because they are essentially one and the same company they were having technical difficulties. I think they need to upgrade the server.

Hi Donna. Yes still going on the 5nighter in November. What do you have booked? I was considering the 1 April 2014 SouthPacific cruise on the Radiance.Also looked at the Celebrity Solstice 3 April as an alternative. Funnily the Radiance cruise is cheaper even though it is one night longer. I guess that is because Celebrity is supposed to be a classier ship??? Have you tried any other ships or cruise lines? Been back on Voyager? What is your preference? So many questions, sorry.

Alexandra

Try switching your browser, download Mozilla its free and you may find it works, I have had similar issues with a few sites and it has worked every time.

K

Yes, I have had this problem in the past too.

It was suggested that I change my browser. Now I usually use Google Chrome when looking at the RCI site. I find that the TOTAL price is shown which includes gratutities so it's good to know what the FINAL price will be.

I was getting that message at the final hurdle Big M....

I did assume that because they are essentially one and the same company they were having technical difficulties. I think they need to upgrade the server.

Hi Donna. Yes still going on the 5nighter in November. What do you have booked? I was considering the 1 April 2014 SouthPacific cruise on the Radiance.Also looked at the Celebrity Solstice 3 April as an alternative. Funnily the Radiance cruise is cheaper even though it is one night longer. I guess that is because Celebrity is supposed to be a classier ship??? Have you tried any other ships or cruise lines? Been back on Voyager? What is your preference? So many questions, sorry.

Hi Alexandra,

the 5 nighter your on is really good value compared to the 2 nighter in Oct which I really wanted to do but it's just too expensive. We are booked for NYE on Voyager leaves on Waynes birthday 27/12 for 14 nights. haven't done that long before hopefully it will be ok. I really want to try Radiance next so look forward to hearing about it when you get back. Other than our 1 nighter on Voyager I've only been on Rhapsody which we loved.It has been upgraded since we sailed on her with more restaurants etc.. Don't know a lot about Celebrity but get the impression that it might be a different demographic on that line but it depends when you sail and length of cruise. So much fun planning :D Donna

I know the Solstice is more expensive than RCI but IMO it offers a much better product - meals have more choices, there are better amenities in the bathrooms and robes etc. I am booked on Radiance but X is my preferred line for mainstream cruises.

Hi all,

Ally

Do not log in to the site if you want to make a booking. This problem only occurs, no matter what browser or PC or Ipad or whatever if you are logged into the site. Log out and try again - guaranteed to work.

Hugh

I know the Solstice is more expensive than RCI but IMO it offers a much better product - meals have more choices, there are better amenities in the bathrooms and robes etc. I am booked on Radiance but X is my preferred line for mainstream cruises.

Hi Aussieflyer,

I am interested to learn more about Celebrity. I am wondering if it is largely an older demographic. I have read it is more sedate. Can you give me an idea of median age on board? I am in my mid forties and travelling with my partner. We won't have kids with us.

If I may ask one other question... Do you recommend aqua class or is concierge adequate. is it really worth the extra?

For my cruise on radiance I have booked a corner aft stateroom on deck 9. Yes Donna reckon I got a good deal and the cabin of my choice. 1/4/2014 on Radiance also an excellent price, but I was hoping to try another ship. Happy to give you a report on the Radiance upon our return.

Ally

I did a TA on Celebrity Equinox in April Fort Lauderdale to Barcelona. I found the average age (I'm 44) to be younger than my TA on Ruby Princess in October 2012. Neither ship had many kids on board for the TA. Equinox is a beautiful ship. Really nicely fitted out. You can tell they spent money on it and the Sanctuary area which has a pool and couple of hot tubs with some loungers around it, which you don't have to pay for on Celebrity is a bonus. I did miss the promenade deck and MUTS on Princess. Celebrity seemed to have much more night time activities like themed parties at night. Princess, most seemed to be in bed or well hidden by 10 pm.

I would travel again with both cruiselines. I'm trying HAL TA this April. I know the demographic is older, however some people I have cruised with before are going on the same cruise. Plus, pricing was really good I even splashed out for a balcony cabin. First ever, AFT. I hope I'm not spoilt, cause I will have to go back to insides.

Do not log in to the site if you want to make a booking. This problem only occurs, no matter what browser or PC or Ipad or whatever if you are logged into the site. Log out and try again - guaranteed to work.

Hugh

Thanks Hugh,

I did as you suggested, got to the last screen and it was thinking, thinking, thinking....in the end I just have up in disgust. An hour later I check my emails and there is the confirmation email from RCI. I guess it worked after all.

Now to log in and check the reservation (I thought this week was half price deposits but I see they are still asking for $800 deposit? I was unsurprised to fond the website down :mad:

Another night of frustration.

But at least it worked :)

Ally

Thanks Hugh,

I did as you suggested, got to the last screen and it was thinking, thinking, thinking....in the end I just have up in disgust. An hour later I check my emails and there is the confirmation email from RCI. I guess it worked after all.

Now to log in and check the reservation (I thought this week was half price deposits but I see they are still asking for $800 deposit? I was unsurprised to fond the website down :mad:

Another night of frustration.

But at least it worked :)

Ally

Just phone them if you want to pay the 50% sale deposits and you can pay over the phone. Disregard what it says on the invoice unless you are happy to pay the full deposit. The website hasn't been programmed to take the sales deposits on-line nor can it take bookings whilst you are logged in. Same happened to me.:(

Hugh

Archived