Steward and ice bucket refill

Capitan Morgan

The only time I had a problem getting ice was last year on the Sensation. That was my least favorite cruise as the customer service was lacking compared to my other sailings.

Other than that, I've experienced room stewards that were more than happy to bring ice, and keep the bucket filled. :)

Dee

It's not "automatically" done anymore, you must ask. I've not had ice the last coupla cruises, even with a "hint" of a bottle of wine and some sodas on the desk. I finally did ask on one cruise, and received it about the third day.

You could always go to Lido, go to a bar and ask for a bucket, and fill it yourself, if nothing else.

What's changed is they will no longer automatically do it unless you specify you wish to have ice. Then you will get it as normal.

No need to throw money at them for this service.

On the Freedom this past February, our cabin steward introduced himself, then ask us if we wanted ice and how often.

I asked for ice on the Victory last month and never got it. I was able to get some ice from the bar.

We were on the Victory last September and our steward wouldn't bring ice. We had to order it from room service and it was delivered a zip-loc sandwich bag at a time (although I guess I could have asked for 2 or three). And while it wasn't the end of the world to have to order ice, now the ice costs $2 bucks or so for a tip every time. I wasn't impressed.

When I mentioned this here on CC after we returned I was pretty much called a liar...maybe this is only a Victory thing?

That's not true, at least on the Fantasy. I always give the Steward $20.00 the first day on the cruise and the ice bucket stays full the rest of the cruise.

And I've always had plenty of ice (on Fantasy and every other ship) and never had to ask for it. Without having to bribe my steward.

But, you know, I keep reading that people have to order it or <gasp> go to a bar or the buffet and get some!! I just can't sleep at night worrying about how many ice cubes I'll have daily!!!!! :rolleyes:

So, for what I reading from your posts, I am concluding that this refill of ice bucket could be very easily, by regulation, a room service responsibility, but then you'll find, those stewards that implement it and those that prefer to give an extra service and been remember for it, with hopefully an extra tip beside what they get from the automatic one.....hmm got it

So, for what I reading from your posts, I am concluding that this refill of ice bucket could be very easily, by regulation, a room service responsibility, but then you'll find, those stewards that implement it and those that prefer to give an extra service and been remember for it, with hopefully an extra tip beside what they get from the automatic one.....hmm got it

With screen name like that, you really need an avatar. :D

Captain%20Morgan.jpg

Archived