Sunny Side

The sunny side depends on how the captain parks the ship (port or starboard). On our Western Carib on Allure, the sunny side was on the port side while in Ft. Lauderdale. In Labadee, it was also the port side. In Jamaica I believe it was the starboard and in Cozumel it was the port side.

Either way, there will be plenty of sun! :D

From FL to Labadee, the port side would have sun in the morning and the starboard in the afternoon.

From Labadee to Falmouth to Cozumel, the port side should have the sun. From Cozumel to Lauderdale, the starboard side should have the sun. Of course, this could change depending on how the ship docks at each port. I'm just referring to in between each port.

Yes, it does, but there is always one side that gets more sun

then the other.

It also depends on the time of the year and whether you are coming or going. The sun is pretty high, but still to your south, so as you are going west the sunny side is the port side, the starboard side on your way back to FLL.

Never thought about it but I would think on the way down it would be the port side and on the way back it would be starboard.

Yes, on average, this will be the way to get the most sun.

Yes, it does, but there is always one side that gets more sun

then the other.

PattyG12 is correct. And to add, the direction of the ship travel affects that as well.

If you look at the itinerary map you will see that as the overall route is basically circular, at some of the time during the cruise you are travelling in all primary directions - southerly, northerly, easterly, and westerly - as well as at all times during the day with morning, noon, and afternoon sun facings. As a result, while at sea, the sun is pretty balanced to both sides (and all areas) of the ship over the full itinerary.

In port it also would depend on the dock position and the ship's position - port or starboard - at the dock. And that can vary port to port.

Overall I think the sun would be about equal on that itinerary on either side of the ship.

Archived