Free Access to Carnival dot com forums onboard?

I know the computer stations onboard allow you to visit carnival.com for bookings, but I was wondering if it gives access to the whole website (mainly the funville forums) so that we can communicate with our family for free. We'd like to post in the currently onboard, but was wondering if we can do it via their computers rather than paying for internet access.

Edited by MoneyLifeandMore

Okay...gotta ask, what is the "Funville Forum"?

Is it something on the carnival site itself and you can e-mail or just post general updating "we are having fun, see you in a week" kinda updates to family? Just wondering.

It's their message boards.

http://www.carnival.com/Funville/forums/

You start your own thread, give everyone its title, and just post to it.

Only problem is, anyone with access can read it. There's no way to make it private.

Unfortunately, the site has been taken over by bullies.

Edited by MrPete

Is it something on the carnival site itself and you can e-mail or just post general updating "we are having fun, see you in a week" kinda updates to family? Just wondering.

Its like a forum message board, similar to this, but on the carnival website. whatever you post can be seen by anyone, but it is a convenient way to keep in touch with family back home.

On the Carnival web site, at the top mid right, click on community and it takes you to Funville. Scroll down to user Groups and you will find Currently onboard. You can create your own Thread there and people can post on your thread. Very easy to know what is going on back home.

Ok, I see your question was already answered as I was typing.

Edited by retiredgram

I always have problems posting on that site, I can type, read, etc. but when I try to respond or post my own message and click "post message" it won't do it at home or work :confused: Would've been great for us to keep in contact with folks at home for free.

Edited by wannago35

I always have problems posting on that site, I can type, read, etc. but when I try to respond or post my own message and click "post message" it won't do it at home or work :confused: Would've been great for us to keep in contact with folks at home for free.

I had that problem too, till I clicked that Comoatability View icon. Then I could spread the knowledge.

• 2 years later...

Keep this in mind...when we used the Funville page, the time that posts showed was way off....I realized this when it looked like my 10 year old daughter was posting at 3am! After that, we opened each post by typing "Hello, the time is 315pm" or whatever. And no, it wasn't just a time zone issue....we were only one hour behind my daughter at home. She was posting after school, approx 4pm, and her posted time would be way off.

Keep this in mind...when we used the Funville page, the time that posts showed was way off....I realized this when it looked like my 10 year old daughter was posting at 3am! After that, we opened each post by typing "Hello, the time is 315pm" or whatever. And no, it wasn't just a time zone issue....we were only one hour behind my daughter at home. She was posting after school, approx 4pm, and her posted time would be way off.

Yes, the forum and the webcams are on UTC( Coordinated Universal Time) formally referred to as GMT ( Greenwich Mean Time)

You will see it on most forums when they ask you to pick a time zone.. For east coast its UTC- 05:00

The Carnival forums doesn't appear to allow the users to adjust the time,so it can lead to some confusion.

http://www.timeanddate.com/time/aboututc.html

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/timezone/utc