Cabin a/c on Westerdam

Stevero2

I had read in one of the forums that the cabin on the Westerdam was too warm and could not be adjusted cooler. Is this a common problem on the Westerdam? I expect to be sailing on it to Alaska next month. I know that it may be cold outside, but I still need a cabin that is at least 65 degrees F. to be able to sleep.

We were on Westerdam for two weeks over Thanksgiving and were perfectly comfortable in the Caribbean. Air Conditioning all over the ship was fine so far as we could tell. :)

We like Westerdam and enjoyed our time aboard. :)

I know that it may be cold outside, but I still need a cabin that is at least 65 degrees F. to be able to sleep.

As someone who wants her thermostat set to meat locker, I do understand the desire for a cool room.

I wish you the best of luck with this. I've never had a cabin that I thought was comfortably cool all night. It's fine during the day, for the most part, but it's as if the blower is shut off at night, or the thermostat has been adjusted at a main switch beyond my control. I waken during the night as it's too hot.

The hottest cabin I was ever in was far north of the Arctic Circle, approaching the Polar Ice Cap, so outside temperature is not the determining factor on inside comfort.

My wife also has to have it at meat locker temperatures to sleep, we will be on the Oosterdam next month for an Alaskan cruise, thankfully it will be a Veranda cabin so if it is too warm at night hopefully opening the balcony door will help.

My wife also has to have it at meat locker temperatures to sleep, we will be on the Oosterdam next month for an Alaskan cruise, thankfully it will be a Veranda cabin so if it is too warm at night hopefully opening the balcony door will help.

Please don't. If you open your balcony door to let in cooler air, the HVAC on your entire line will shut down so others on that line won't have A/C. If it's too warm for you wife, she could bundle up and sleep on the balcony for a while.

The HVAC line runs for a few cabins on either side, but also runs up and down the decks. Others won't have the opportunity to compensate for your open door.

The HVAC line runs for a few cabins on either side, but also runs up and down the decks.
I think it can be more than "a few cabins".

On the Noordam in '06 a bearing in an HVAC blower overheated and pumped smoke into the entire aft quarter of decks 6, 7, and 8 - roughly 150 cabins. :eek:

I think it can be more than "a few cabins".

On the Noordam in '06 a bearing in an HVAC blower overheated and pumped smoke into the entire aft quarter of decks 6, 7, and 8 - roughly 150 cabins. :eek:

An even bigger problem, then, if someone forces their balcony door open. :eek:

I know it can make overnight miserable in an inside cabin low on the ship. :mad:

Archived