Brilliance or Liberty?

I have been a Carnival cruiser for over 10 years. Thinking of cruising the RCCL Liberty or the Brilliance. Myself, daughter and 2 young teens.....Any suggestions of which they would enjoy the most? We will be going in April due to their school schedules.

I have been a Carnival cruiser for over 10 years. Thinking of cruising the RCCL Liberty or the Brilliance. Myself, daughter and 2 young teens.....Any suggestions of which they would enjoy the most? We will be going in April due to their school schedules.

Teens will love the Flowrider on Liberty.

We are back home a week from our West Med Liberty cruise, our teens loved it. My brother and his wife are on the Brilliance right now and so we have taken quite an interest in that ship too. I echo what others have said, there's plenty more to keep the kids amused on the larger Liberty, but ours would agree with me that the ports of call have to be a deciding factor as well. We thought the Liberty was great but we enjoyed it all the more after spending the day sightseeing and enjoying the different countries and cities.

For me it would be an easy choice Liberty so much more to do especially for kids. I am one of the few that do not like the Radiance class. I much prefer the Freedom, Voyager or Oasis class ships

Liberty Liberty Liberty Liberty :) :) :)

If you were just a couple, it would be a tough call - I'm a big fan of both classes even though they have many differences. However, with kids its Liberty, all the "active" stuff is bigger and better on that class.

One of the big plusses to Brilliance is the Solarium - enclosed and more relaxing on Brilliance, and the kids would not be able to use it.

I believe Liberty would suit the teens better than Brilliance.

And with Liberty being one of the bigger ships, that can give you a good comparison between Carnival (Assuming you have been on the Carnival Dream or any other similar sized Carnival Ships) and Royal Caribbean to see what the pros and cons of each line are.

I will be investigating the Liberty much more closely, today! Now it's the question of cabins. Interior or OV? And does the Liberty have connecting cabins?

Yes, Liberty does have connecting staterooms. Personally, I would choose Oceanview. But Liberty also has a cabin choice called "Promenade View". It has a window facing the Royal Promenade so if you guys find yourselves in your room at a time when there is something like a Parade going on on the Promenade, you can sit in your room and watch it instead of being squished on the Promenade trying to watch it.

All of these windows on either side are Staterooms:

0003FREEDOM-Promenade-2.jpg.jpg

And here's a Promenade Stateroom.

RCI_FR_Promenade.jpg

So something else you may want to consider pending price.

We love both classes, and are on Liberty as much as possiblr when it is here each fall/winter. But we are doing Brilliance this Dec b/c it is the only Radiance Class we have not been on.

But for you, with 2 teens, I agree with the others. Much more to do on Liberty so I think they would enjoy that a lot.

For me it would be an easy choice Liberty so much more to do especially for kids. I am one of the few that do not like the Radiance class. I much prefer the Freedom, Voyager or Oasis class ships

Us too! While there's not doubt Radiance class ships are gorgeous with all the glass windows and views of the sea (and we do prefer the enclosed, climate-controlled solarium), we were a bit bored. We missed the Royal Promenade as an evening entertainment venue, and there was not enough going on to keep our young adult kids interested or excited.

Archived