Dining Wishes for the Restaurant Fairy

Kenlorz

I'm bored at the moment and in the absence of any new or seemingly upcoming news for QOS, I thought it might be fun to submit our wishes to the RCCL restaurant Fairy :D

So, how about it....

If you could have your every wish come true regarding dining on the Q, what would you like to see?

For me: in addition to the MDR & WJ....

1. Starbucks or Dunin a must for this coffee addict.

2. Name brand chains allowed, but limited to casual dining... Burger and Ribs style joints (House of Blues perhaps), Bar food style (wings & nachos...like maybe a Margaritaville) and also Desserts (Cold Stone Creamery for ice cream).

3. NO FAST FOOD name brands.... blech.... they make me sick.

4. Specialty Dining would be line specific. 150 Central would be nice, as would Chops, Samba Grill & Giovannis. Add a French Bistro and a good Seafood place and you've got a nice fine dining mix.

5. I'd also like to see a GOOD hand tossed pizzeria and a good NY style Deli.

6. And finally, a 24-hour diner or equivalent where you can get something other than cold pre-made sandwiches... limited menu is fine, but some hot sandwiches, burgers, fries, hot breakfast, etc. would be nice.

Definitely need a GOOD sushi bar (izumi ok but pedestrian sushi) and a raw bar. And for the kids entertainment, teppanaki grill. Also a Great salad bar type place (like park cafe w/ tutti salad on Allure) will hopefully be there.

Absolutely! Park Cafe A MUST!

The old fashioned food cart in Seaplex should definitely carry those great hot dogs from the Allure Boardwalk Doghouse, too! But let's add Brown mustard please and thank you :)

...6. And finally, a 24-hour diner or equivalent where you can get something other than cold pre-made sandwiches... limited menu is fine, but some hot sandwiches, burgers, fries, hot breakfast, etc. would be nice.

On the Grandeur there is no pizzeria or promenade cafe but there is a park cafe. I was expecting it to be weird not having pizza late at night but It was actually nicer. For late night snacks Park Cafe offered; fires and nachos with optional chili and cheese as well as hot dogs, hamburgers, and deserts. It was nice having 4 different food items to pick from rather than just pizza. I would love to have the pizza back but some kind of new restaurant with a wider selection 24 hours a day would be nice.

I would also love it if they had a place to get complimentary soft serve ice cream 24 hours a day. If they offered some simple toppings like sprinkles that would be even better!

• Soft serve ice cream 24-7
  • Hibachi Grill Restaurant
  • Aquarium Restaurant (thin aquarium all around giving a cool blue, underwater type atmosphere) offering high quality food.
  • Rotating VCL Restaurant
  • Bar style food

I "think" they've indicated already (or I heard through the grapevine) that the buffet WILL have a 24 hour area. Personally, I don't see the need but then again, I'm always shocked at the crowd outside the buffet each time it open.

If they do Asian, I hope it's a step up from Izumi, which is just a step up from a supermarket sushi.

AGREED! Which is exactly why I didn't list it in my original wish list :D. I would rather have no asian than so-so asian.

I "think" they've indicated already (or I heard through the grapevine) that the buffet WILL have a 24 hour area. Personally, I don't see the need but then again, I'm always shocked at the crowd outside the buffet each time it open.

I too recall something about a 24-hour area... but my mind is tickling that it was the cafe in Two70 that was going to have 24-hour food choices perhaps :confused::confused:

Change the oasis donut shop to a Krispy Kreme with the donut making machine in view. Or an old fashion candy shop like at Disneyland.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

YUMMMM... like when you walk down Main St USA and the waft of freshly baked chocolate chip cookies and hand scooped ice cream smacks you in the face?! YES please!!!! LOOOOVE IT! :D

Change the oasis donut shop to a Krispy Kreme with the donut making machine in view. Or an old fashion candy shop like at Disneyland.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

You make my mouth water when you say "Krispy Kreme"!!!

I too recall something about a 24-hour area... but my mind is tickling that it was the cafe in Two70 that was going to have 24-hour food choices perhaps :confused::confused:

Maybe the Park Cafe inside 270 will be the 24 hour venue? That is fine with me!

One of the things that I've been thinking about is the thought process behind rebranding The Park Café as The Café @ Two70º. Not being located near a park makes it an obvious change, but then why not rebrand all the others as The Café @ The Solarium? The only thing I can come up with is that it has to be fundamentally different than a normal Park Cafe. The plans showed a serving area and a separate seating area. Perhaps they are going to expand the complimentary sit down venues. Currently if you don't want to pay for dinner you can have a formal sit down meal in the MDR or a casual buffet style meal in the Windjammer. Maybe the Café @ Two70º will feature a sit down dinner serving soups, sandwiches, and other casual foods such as grilled cheese and burgers. They already do sandwiches for lunch and burgers for late night snacks, just never as a sit down meal. Currently Johnny Rockets has this kind of setup for breakfast where you can go for a casual sit down meal instead of the buffet or MDR. It may even help sell the fee venues for lunch on the colder days as you can still get a smaller sit down meal for dinner.

No chains at all for me. I can eat at the chains at home. I dont need for of them on board

I would like to see more variety. I'd rather not see Chops and Giovannis again. I don't think every ship has to have them. There should be a good reason to try all the different ships

and have more things like the Bistro on 5 from Celebrity. Low cost alternative dining options.

No chains at all for me. I can eat at the chains at home. I dont need for of them on board

I would like to see more variety. I'd rather not see Chops and Giovannis again. I don't think every ship has to have them. There should be a good reason to try all the different ships

and have more things like the Bistro on 5 from Celebrity. Low cost alternative dining options.

Please no chains. I hate the idea of having things I can get at home

I would like a fine dining restaurant from a celebrity chef.

Since they are going to be based in NYC, there should be plenty of Chefs and Sous Chefs to choose from. An interesting idea would be a PopUp type restaurant. Sort of How Park 150 Changes menus seasonally, they could have a restaurant that Changes Menus every 6 weeks with a menu designed by a different NYC area chef.

The Decor wouldn't change, just the menu would. It shouldn't be too hard to figure out how to design dinners that fall into a certain price range and to get those provisions ordered.

Has anyone here heard of Moto Restaurant in Chicago? They also started one called ING.

http://motorestaurant.com

http://ingrestaurant.com

They completely rethink the concept of what food is and turn dinning into an experience like no other. I first discovered them when they had a show called Future Foods on Planet Green a few years ago. They take different ingredients and known meals and try to rethink them. It's rather hard to explain but they have tons of videos on their youtube channel to explain it all.

http://www.youtube.com/user/hswizzle

Back on January 29th Royal Caribbean was doing tons of tweets about the new menu's so I tweeted:

@RoyalCaribbean Have you ever seen the stuff @moto_restaurant does? Been following them for a few years, they would be incredible on a ship!

Moto replied:

@DMPicone @royalcaribbean thanks derek! We'd love to cruise :)

So I think they would at a minimum entertain the idea of bringing their cooking concept to sea.

IMO these guys are not as famous as the big named chefs but they would bring something to the seas that no one outside of Chicago has seen. They can create an experience everyone will be talking about afterwards, rather than just a fancy overpriced plate of food with a big name attached. Their style might fit with Celebrity a little more, but they are rather young and hip. Plus 150 Central Park would fit better on Celebrity but works for Royal.

Edit: Here is a video of one of their 16 course winter menus:

and one of a spring/summer menu:

Archived