How long must one own CCL stock prior to cruise to get OBC?

LastUsernameEver

Good News

I sent mine in by mail and it is already posted on my Cruise Personalizer

...was only week or less and it had to be mailed from NYC..to their offices

in California

so it is being posted VERY FAST

Ann

Good news thanks.

Good luck....the stock is worth having regardless if you make this cruise or not.

It sounds like the dividends alone would make it worthwhile.

I just got a dividend check for $2.60 on a stock that hasn't paid dividends in years. Could be time do dump it.

I did this in May with only 2 days notice before sailing. Faxed over my stock purchase confirmation, then called the number to follow through about 1 hour later. FAX and phone numbers can be found on the Carnival stockholder website where you get all the OBC credit information. These were the nicest people I've ever dealt with at Princess/Carnival. They emailed me back a confirmation of the Shareholder credit to take with me on the cruise in case I ran into any problems when I checked in. They also asked if my husband qualified for military discount or anything else where they could give us an additional OBC on top of the shareholder credit. Great service and insisted it was no problem doing this on such a short notice. They just wanted to keep their stockholders happy!

I read on another board that you only get the shareholder OBC if you don't have any other OBC already in your account. Been thinking about buying the required shares of CCL to qualify but (thanks to reading CC) I re-booked our cruise at a lower rate and got a $100 OBC bonus during Princesses last "sale".

Hence, my question - is the shareholder OBC always issued or is it only approved and issued if you have no other OBC in your account?

Thanks!

I read on another board that you only get the shareholder OBC if you don't have any other OBC already in your account. Been thinking about buying the required shares of CCL to qualify but (thanks to reading CC) I re-booked our cruise at a lower rate and got a $100 OBC bonus during Princesses last "sale".

Hence, my question - is the shareholder OBC always issued or is it only approved and issued if you have no other OBC in your account?

Thanks!

That is WRONG. On Princess I routinely get the Shareholder, FCC, and Loyalty OBC plus what ever I can get from my TA. I know others who also get the Military OBC.

On some other lines (RCI I think) their are restrictions so people can't get all they might be eligible for.

Thanks!

On my May Alaska 14 night cruise, we got OBC from our Future cruise deposit ($75 per person), plus the Stockholder credit ($250 for the stateroom). They also asked about Military service, so I know they would have added that on top of it all too. I just booked a Hawaii cruise with the "Fall cruise sale", which had a $25 per person OBC. Not sure if they will let me keep that one on this voyage in combination with the Shareholder credit or not, but I'm hoping they do. If anyone has experience with one of these "Sale" OBC in combination with the FCD OBC and Shareholder OBC, I'd be interested. Thanks!

Is the OBC received as a result of being a Carnival shareholder dependant on which type of cabin you book (Inside/Suite/Balcony etc)?

Also does the amount of OBC received vary with the number of shares held and is there a minimum number of shares you must hold?

Many thanks:)

Is the OBC received as a result of being a Carnival shareholder dependant on which type of cabin you book (Inside/Suite/Balcony etc)?

Also does the amount of OBC received vary with the number of shares held and is there a minimum number of shares you must hold?

You have to own 100 shares. Credit amount varies upon length of cruise - $100 for 7-13 days; $250 for 14+ days. I think they do a $50 OBC for 3-6 day, but you'd need to verify as I've never actually done a short cruise with Princess. As long as you own the 100 shares you can get the OBC on every cruise you take as long as you submit proof of ownership along with your booking confirmation number.

No, it is strictly based on the length of the cruise.

1 to 6 days = $50

7 to 13 = $100

14 or more = $250

OK thanks for your great responses. One more question - hope I'm not being greedy. If my wife and I both own shares and are both on the one cruise do we both get the OBC to the levels you have been quoting or are the figures quoted on a per cabin basis? Thanks again:)

It is only limited by your credit limit. :)

Seriously, we have had the stock for about 4 years and get $500 to $1000 per year.

Wow! Now, would you get $500 per year if you took five cruises, etc...or do you get more OBC because you own more stock?

I did, indeed buy 100 shares today. I'll try to call them Monday to see if I can get the credit.

Thanks all!

OK thanks for your great responses. One more question - hope I'm not being greedy. If my wife and I both own shares and are both on the one cruise do we both get the OBC to the levels you have been quoting or are the figures quoted on a per cabin basis? Thanks again:)

One credit per cabin.

By the way, Kentskie's post (where he said he got a 2.60 dividend) was a little confusing. CCL has been paying dividends of $1.00/share annually, paid .25 per quarter.

One credit per cabin.

By the way, Kentskie's post (where he said he got a 2.60 dividend) was a little confusing. CCL has been paying dividends of $1.00/share annually, paid .25 per quarter.

Sorry. It wasn't Carnival stock it was Pulte Homes (formerly Del Webb) I really should dump it.

Archived