Blue Lagoon Recommendations...or not

amandacolorado

We did this in June 2012. We were only in Nassau for a few hours and thought Atlantis was too expensive for the time spent.

There was a 20 minute boat ride each way. It was a nice relaxing beach day. Not our favorite place, but still not a bad way to spend a few hours.

I would do it again.

9526860469_9cf9c1959b.jpg

Blue Lagoon Nassau by alrichards4003, on Flickr

We went to Blue Lagoon in 2012 and 2013, it was even better this last time. In 2012 there was stuff growing underneath the giant inflatable waterslide and other things. The next year it was so much cleaner, just better everywhere. I would go back a third time.

We were just there and loved it. We did the Dolphin Encounter and then spent the day on the beach, the kids loved the inflatables, it was $15 for a life vest and they could stay on them as long as they wanted.

The water was beautiful

We were just there this past June and loved it. Everyone was so nice and knowledgeable and my kids had a great time.

I will reiterate the same complaint so many have. You are not allowed to take pictures of the dolphins and their photo prices are outrageous as they are with any other dolphin/sea lion/manatee excursion. Other than that, not one complaint and it was beautiful.

Have a great time!!

I will reiterate the same complaint so many have. You are not allowed to take pictures of the dolphins and their photo prices are outrageous as they are with any other dolphin/sea lion/manatee excursion. Other than that, not one complaint and it was beautiful.

Is this something new? When we did the dolphin encounter, we were definitely allowed to use our cameras. I got lots of good pictures (although I bought a few of the professional ones too).

The Blue Lagoon website says no cameras are allowed during the sea lion encounter but it doesn't say anything about cameras in the restrictions for the dolphin swim or encounter.

Is this something new? When we did the dolphin encounter, we were definitely allowed to use our cameras. I got lots of good pictures (although I bought a few of the professional ones too).

The Blue Lagoon website says no cameras are allowed during the sea lion encounter but it doesn't say anything about cameras in the restrictions for the dolphin swim or encounter.

Correct - Cameras are allowed for the dolphins.. but not for sea lions.

Correct - Cameras are allowed for the dolphins.. but not for sea lions.

Thanks, tiki!

Do you know why cameras aren't allowed for the sea lions? Is it because they are attracted to shiny things or something? When we were there, two sea lions had gotten a hold of a soda can and were playing with it. We reported it to one of the trainers so they wouldn't get cut on it. (People, please don't litter!)

Thanks, tiki!

Do you know why cameras aren't allowed for the sea lions? Is it because they are attracted to shiny things or something? When we were there, two sea lions had gotten a hold of a soda can and were playing with it. We reported it to one of the trainers so they wouldn't get cut on it. (People, please don't litter!)

Yes. that's certainly part of it. They asked me to remove my glasses as well, but let me keep them on when I said I couldn't see without them.

It's not necessarily shiny things.. it's anything they see as a TOY or distraction.

I wanted to do this or Sheraton Beach Day. Can you tell me what the cost was and how to book it. Is it through cruise ship or other agency? Thanks

Gizmo911, Blue Lagoon can be booked by carnival. It was a 84.99 for adults,children 12 and under where around 20 to 30 bucks cheaper. I believe you can book it through other means but not for sure. We always go carnival because my husband loves the free rum punch on the smaller boat that takes you to the island,will we both do.The ride to BL is about 20 to 30 minutes. When you arrive I suggest walking farther down the beach to the end part of the lagoon, that is where we always go, not as many people but still close to everything.Also from that end you can swim across to the other side and snorkel around a bit,bring your own mask. I have underwater video from last June of fish.On the ride back you get a funny informational tour of famous people who have homes in Nassau and present past. My family loves this. My children love the giant inflatables. It is an extra charge of 10 or 15 for the day, they will be fitted with a life jacket. If you want this option you can pay for it at the gift station located to your right as soon as you walk off the dock once you arrive at blue lagoon. It's a great family day.If you need any more information just let me know.

Gizmo911, Blue Lagoon can be booked by carnival. It was a 84.99 for adults,children 12 and under where around 20 to 30 bucks cheaper. I believe you can book it through other means but not for sure. We always go carnival because my husband loves the free rum punch on the smaller boat that takes you to the island,will we both do.The ride to BL is about 20 to 30 minutes. When you arrive I suggest walking farther down the beach to the end part of the lagoon, that is where we always go, not as many people but still close to everything.Also from that end you can swim across to the other side and snorkel around a bit,bring your own mask. I have underwater video from last June of fish.On the ride back you get a funny informational tour of famous people who have homes in Nassau and present past. My family loves this. My children love the giant inflatables. It is an extra charge of 10 or 15 for the day, they will be fitted with a life jacket. If you want this option you can pay for it at the gift station located to your right as soon as you walk off the dock once you arrive at blue lagoon. It's a great family day.If you need any more information just let me know.

The Tours website is at www.bahamasbluelagoon.com

• 2 weeks later...

We did BL in August, it was beautiful having just ran around Disney for 2 weeks this was our chance to relax. We had 4 hours on the beach, wish it could have been longer. We were on Oasis it was $58 dollars which included lunch and a drink. Beach loungers ( which didn't get used we spent the whole time on floating mats in the water.) All inflatables were free. I would highly recommend this excursion.

Archived