Oasis of the Seas Prohibition Party

We're booked on the Oasis next month. When I looked at the dining options that we could book, the prohibition party was available. We booked the event for ourselves as it is limited in the number of tickets they sell. Has anyone heard of this being on another ship besides the Allure? I'm just hoping its not a mistake because we've already bought our costumes. Thanks!

Edited by greyhoundgirl81

We're booked on the Oasis next month. When I looked at the dining options that we could book, the prohibition party was available. We booked the event for ourselves as it is limited in the number of tickets they sell. Has anyone heard of this being on another ship besides the Allure? I'm just hoping its not a mistake because we've already bought our costumes. Thanks!

From what I have read, it's only on the Allure in keeping with the "Chicago" theme.

I sailed on Allure in November and went to the Prohibition Party... It was AWESOME, probably one of my favorite parts on the cruise. Everyone plays the part, even taking you in the "back door". The looks other passengers gave were hilarious!! Enjoy!

We were on Oasis on the July 27 sailing and did the Prohibition Party. Originally it was scheduled for Day 6 (at sea) but was moved to Day 4 (St. Thomas.) We really enjoyed it and thought the crew did a great job setting the theme. They did say it was only the third week they had offered it on Oasis. Almost all of the free drinks had gin in them, which normally is not my drink of choice, but they were decent. Not sure if you could order another mixed drink, maybe a possibility. It was also pretty cool to go in through the side door. I ran out for a few minutes, and you should have seen some of the looks I got from other guests as I stepped into the elevator lobby from a crew door as a show let out of the Amber Theatre. Priceless! Overall, it was a fun experience - I just wish that it would have been on a night before a sea day. It seems silly to schedule an event like that for the night before a port day, particularly when that's on a port day, and that's the only back-to-back port days for the entire cruise.

Anything else included besides drinks ? I see its $35/ pp. any food ?

At that late hour, not sure I'd want more than 1 drink. It does sound like a lot of fun ! Not sure i could get my husband to dress up. Wonder what he could wear to feel the part, but without going out and buying a zoot suit !! Lol :):)

Edited by scrapycruiser

They had some cold hors d'oeuvres and the like, but it wasn't anything substantial or that I would personally book the party for. Since we got the tickets we were not in costume, and there were only a few people (out of 20 or so) that were actually dressed up. I was in a polo and cargo shorts, lol. That late I didn't feel like wearing anything fancy, and I didn't feel one bit out of place (may have worn khaki pants if I did it over again though.)

A couple of pictures of me and my friends from the Prohibition Party on Allure last October:

IMG_5619.jpg

IMG_5609.jpg

These were SIMPLE, INEXPENSIVE costumes. I had on my black cocktail dress with a smoking jacket and cheap pearls plus black gloves and a feather. Butch wore his tux pants with a black shirt, white tie and a fedora from Party City. Spencers also has them.

It was great and our event probably had 100 participants with the majority in costume.

Have fun with it!

Macy

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...
Has anyone done this "Theme Event" in the past year or so? its still being offered but I do not see current reviews. Thanks!!!;p

Yes, we did it in late September 2017 on the Oasis. It was one of our favorite activities on the ship. There were about 30 guests, and at least 20 of them were in costume. The drinks flowed freely, there was a jazz band playing and two contests. One was a horse race and the other a dance contest. We highly recommend it.

Yes, we did it in late September 2017 on the Oasis. It was one of our favorite activities on the ship. There were about 30 guests, and at least 20 of them were in costume. The drinks flowed freely, there was a jazz band playing and two contests. One was a horse race and the other a dance contest. We highly recommend it.

Thank you.. I am going on the Nov 26th cruise and thought it looked like fun.. I love to dress up also~

;)