Room Questions ?????

Calebo

We are sailing on the Royal Princess, and have been looking at mini suites 228 and 226, Has anyone been in them and what are the pros and cons?
The Royal has sailed only a few cruises so far but I hope you're lucky and someone who has sailed on her can answer your cabin question. Chances of someone in those specific cabins are slim, though. It would help to know which deck the cabins are on.

I'm sorry, the deck is 15th, Marina, we have a mini suite, but there seems to be a overhang of some kind, I was wondering how intrusive it is.
Marina deck is beneath Lido deck. M228 is a mini-suite, M226 is an inside cabin. Lido deck overhangs Marina deck so it'll be darker than a balcony on a deck below but also more protected from the sun, rain, wind and potential deck noise. The overhang is an extended cover and won't block your view. I have a standard balcony cabin on Marina deck aft of midship and I'm looking forward to it.

M228 and M226 are both mini suites, according to the deck plans I found, and the over hang should be no problem.

I was wondering if Princess has any beverage packages, have looked but not found any. except for the soda and coffee packages.

That is strange, I found M226 and M228 on the deck plans, and you are correct, M226 shows an inside cabin. I called Princess and she reassured me that M226 was a mini suite balcony, right next to M228. I wonder if they did some shuffling and haven't updated the website.

Was there an older Royal Princess? Wondering if we were looking at deck plans from that one?

That is strange, I found M226 and M228 on the deck plans, and you are correct, M226 shows an inside cabin. I called Princess and she reassured me that M226 was a mini suite balcony, right next to M228. I wonder if they did some shuffling and haven't updated the website.

Was there an older Royal Princess? Wondering if we were looking at deck plans from that one?

The new Royal is the first ship with a Marina deck so there's no confusion with another ship. Here's what I captured from an iPhone app:

ImageUploadedByForums1377035555.757168.jpg.0701f71772d21f89a1f95933c9717226.jpg

Ouch... I got that image from a non-Princess website. Another app on my iPhone shows M226 as a mini-suite. I went to the Princess website and entered M226 and it shows as a mini-suite. So, I stand corrected.

The new Royal is the first ship with a Marina deck so there's no confusion with another ship. Here's what I captured from an iPhone app:

[ATTACH]283347[/ATTACH]

Ouch... I got that image from a non-Princess website. Another app on my iPhone shows M226 as a mini-suite. I went to the Princess website and entered M226 and it shows as a mini-suite. So, I stand corrected.

I think different sites have different info, no correction needed :) That's why I called Princess, was pretty confusing.

Sorry Pam, didn't see your correction. Was the app on your iPhone Shipmate? I just don't think I can trust that app.
Surprise! The ShipMate deck plans were the same as on Princess, which is why I didn't believe them. They're more often than not incorrect so I know what you mean. The incorrect deck plans were another app from a TA site so I won't identify it. They're usually correct. I'm often on CC via my iPhone so I can't check Princess deck plans since they use Flash. Read about an app called Puffin today which displays Flash on iPhones and iPads so I was able to look up the deck plan on my iPhone. :)

Here are some pictures I took of M225, same as what you are looking to book, but on the other side of the ship.

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=38891700&postcount=775

Even though it is under Lido deck, these cabins are below the lido cabins so no 'pool noise'. Very handy location for the forward stairs, up one flight and you are outside right by the pools.

Surprise! The ShipMate deck plans were the same as on Princess, which is why I didn't believe them. They're more often than not incorrect so I know what you mean. The incorrect deck plans were another app from a TA site so I won't identify it. They're usually correct. I'm often on CC via my iPhone so I can't check Princess deck plans since they use Flash. Read about an app called Puffin today which displays Flash on iPhones and iPads so I was able to look up the deck plan on my iPhone. :)

Hi Pam, I've been using an app called Photon to access flash on my Ipad, usually it's good, but occasionally it's choppy. Will check out Puffin, Thank You

Hi Pam, I've been using an app called Photon to access flash on my Ipad, usually it's good, but occasionally it's choppy. Will check out Puffin, Thank You

I downloaded Puffin but can't find the flash support, the version I tried is the free, and tried to get into a flash user game and can't find out how? Any suggestions? I've hijacked my own post!!!!

Archived