Anyway to get a Table for 2 for dinner?

wantocruisemore

We tried to get my time dining but it was wait listed and we really didn't want to eat so late, so signed up for early seating. Is there anyway we can specify a table for 2? We're celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary and although we like meeting others, would prefer on this cruise to have a table to ourselves.

We tried to get my time dining but it was wait listed and we really didn't want to eat so late, so signed up for early seating. Is there anyway we can specify a table for 2? We're celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary and although we like meeting others, would prefer on this cruise to have a table to ourselves.

Go to see the Maitre'D on the 1st day around 1:30 - it will be listed in the 1st day Fun Times.

Thanks, I thought that might be the answer, but was hoping for something in advance in case they can't accommodate last minute.

Has anyone had luck doing this?

Next week John Heald will be back from vacation. If you post this request on his FB page he will send it on to the Maitre'D.

I don't know about early seating but on the last four Carnival cruises we've been on there were plenty of tables for two available/vacant during the late seating. In fact, on our last two Carnival cruises we were seated at a booth (for four) by ourselves. So, if you're adaptable to late seating I'm thinking it is absolutely no problem.

Your table will be assigned if your have early/late dining. You can go to the Maitre' D on the first day to make a request for a table of 2 but it's not guaranteed.

They will do their best to honor your request but sometimes it doesn't always work out like you may want it to

Some people have had good luck emailing the MD.

But JH has said it is not part of their job to answer emails. (Can you imagine? They'd be answering emails all the time.) So you may or may not get a response.

As already suggested, the best thing to do is see the MD when you board the ship.

This is the reply I received when I asked the same question for my upcoming cruise on the Breeze (05/04/14): brmaitred@carnival.com

just substitute with the appropriate ship abbreviation

CQ Conquest

SH Sunshine

DR Dream

EC Ecstacy

FA Fantasy

FS Fascination

FD Freedom

GL Glory

HO Holiday

IM Imagination

IS Inspiration

LE Legend

LI Liberty

MI Miracle

PA Paradise

SE Sensation

SP Spirit

SL Splendor

TI Triumph

VA Valor

VI Victory

EL Elation

PR Pride

BR Breeze

MC Magic

I even got a reply back from the Maitre D' on the same day. Good luck.

Just wanted to let everyone know that I got a reply back yesterday from the head maitre'd on the Liberty. He said he would put us down for a table for 2, no problem.

Carnival's great customer service strikes again!

How great for you.

Guess some will answer and some will not.

How great for you.

I did not get a reply from the Maitre'D on Freedom but did get my table for 2.

Our next cruise will be on Liberty, January 2014, and I will email the maitre-d before then. Maybe this time I will get a reply email.

I did not get a reply from the Maitre'D on Freedom but did get my table for 2.

Our next cruise will be on Liberty, January 2014, and I will email the maitre-d before then. Maybe this time I will get a reply email.

Or just ask JH to get it for you

We have never had any trouble getting table for 2. Just request it when you enter the dining room...or go the first day to the reservation desk in the dining room the afternoon before dinner and tell them that is what you prefer. Happy Anniversary!

Just email the MD. This way you get a jump on the regulars.

Or just ask JH to get it for you

Did try that first and got a "canned" response, from someone who was not JH, saying to check with the Maitre D' upon embarkation:mad: JH had told another couple, with a VERY similar request, that he got what they wanted:eek: I forwarded this on to my PVP and have yet to receive a response:( Seems as if Customer Service is a hit or miss with Carnival. I then got the email address for the Maitre D' on the Breeze from the CC community and received a reply back on the same day. When it's good, it's very very good, but when it's bad it's awful:eek:

We saw the maitre'd when we got on the ship and he got us our table for two! It was Joseph and he really perked up when I mentioned cruise critic! That was several years ago...emailed the maitre d on the fascination a few weeks ago but have not heard anything back...will try again sooner to the cruise and also request from John heald:)

How great for you.

Yep. For OUR Liberty cruise about a year ago, I emailed about three weeks before the cruise...didn't get a response but when I checked with the MD upon embarkation we were all set up with our request (two separate bookings combined, at an 8-top since my mom likes to socialize with other cruisers). He even got us an aft window table that I'd jokingly mentioned "would be nice, but not expected."

That last part may have been a mistake, since our service was awful. "Out of sight, out of mind..."

Note that if you email WAYYY before your cruise, the MD's contract may be up before your sailing, and of course if you email last-minute there might not be enough time. Best to email 3-4 weeks before your sailing.

Archived