4 people fit?

barbatkins

Will 4 people fit in an ocean suite on Freedom? The only one left shows its a cabin for 3 ....but I wondered if they could/ would bring in a rollaway bed? We are 4 adults....

Wondered if anyone had done this ...thanks

My understanding is that if it shows the cabin is for 3 people, that's the maximum allowed in the cabin, regardless of whether more than that would technically "fit." It has something to do with how the cruise line registers with the Coast Guard. You can always call Carnival and ask, but I think that's the answer you'll get.

My understanding is that if it shows the cabin is for 3 people, that's the maximum allowed in the cabin, regardless of whether more than that would technically "fit." It has something to do with how the cruise line registers with the Coast Guard. You can always call Carnival and ask, but I think that's the answer you'll get.

Shoot!! I was afraid of that....thanks

Do they do that?

Carnival will do it under certain circumstances. Carnival has called me up and asked if I am interested in upgrading to a suite for minimal fee because they need my 9B premium balcony which can accomodate 4. I told them no because the "minimal fee" turned out to be $400.00.

Your situation is different, but I can see Carnival calling the passengers in the 4 person OS and offer to upgrade them to the GS for "nominal fee". If that fails, Carnival may offer to relocate them to a 3 person OS and give them 50 dollars OBC.

Do they do that?

Yep. It's right in the cruise contract that if you book less people in a cabin than the occupancy is for or you originally had the correct number in your cabin but one or more cancelled, they can move you to a cabin that matches your occupancy. I understand but it would really suck if I had my heart set on a cabin and got bumped out of it because one of my friends flaked on me.

I have sailed several times with 4 adult (women) in one cabin with NO problems at all and the savings was worth any minor elbow room issues. And on my last cabin, we had 4 women in a balcony cabin. Some other friends of ours, also 4 women, went with a suite.

The suite was almost 2 1/2 time more $ than our cabin and I dang near fell over when we toured their suite and I saw that only 2 of them got their own beds and the other two were sharing a full-size sleeper sofa that was HORRIBLY uncomfortable!!! They could have had 2 balcony cabins for less $...next time they might want to do some comparison shopping, LOL!

Archived