Island Princess SB question

brensr41

We are about to take our first Princess cruise and first to Alaska! We will be doing the SB route and I was wondering which nights were the formal nights? I really dont want to miss these nights so we want to plan specialty dining correctly. Thanks for the help in advance!

Last year when we were on the Island they were the day in Yakutat Bay (first full day of the cruise) and the day in Juneau.

The embarkation day Patter (daily schedule) will be in your cabin upon embarkation and will list the dress code for every day of the voyage.

We are about to take our first Princess cruise and first to Alaska! We will be doing the SB route and I was wondering which nights were the formal nights? I really dont want to miss these nights so we want to plan specialty dining correctly. Thanks for the help in advance!

Last year when we were on the Island they were the day in Yakutat Bay (first full day of the cruise) and the day in Juneau.

The embarkation day Patter (daily schedule) will be in your cabin upon embarkation and will list the dress code for every day of the voyage.

I don't know the Island's southbound itinerary however our recent experience from Whittier to Vancouver on the Coral was what 'caribill' posted with Juneau being the 5th night.

Our northbound cruise had formal nights on the 2nd (at sea) and 6th (Glacier Bay) nights.

FYI,

Formal Nights are shown in the Princess Patter on the first day.

You can only book the specialty restaurants once on board, so you can handle that after you review the Princess Patter.

While some passengers book the specialty restaurants on formal night to avoid dressing up, you can dress up to go there if you want.

Over the last few years Princess has only served lobster tail on one of the formal nights. Don't know if this is your thought.

Archived