Question on Princess FCD Availability

Cruisingisthebestfun

The poster wants to book a "last minute cruise" which sounds like it is after final payment date and payment would be 100% due when booked. Such a booking cannot be transferred to a happy TA.

Bill, you are absolutely mistaken on this one. Our friends just did it; definitely past the final payment date. So please don't say it can't be done. It can.

If I understand correctly, your friends paid Princess 100% after final payment date and then were able to transfer the booking to a TA?

No, my friends booked the cruise after final payment date. Princess will hold all bookings for 72 hours without any payment whatsoever. They called their TA and turned it over before any money was exchanged. I've done it too. Just because you book a last minute cruise with Princess doesn't mean you pay it all to them at that very moment.

The poster wants to book a "last minute cruise" which sounds like it is after final payment date and payment would be 100% due when booked. Such a booking cannot be transferred to a happy TA.

And since it can't be the TA will no longer be as happy a TA. :(

Caribill and Pia, I think both of you are correct.

The cruise we hope to book is in late Oct. of this year. We will book by September 1 on the cruise ship.

I called couple of Internet TA's and they said I need make payment with them.

Pia, Don't I have pay a $100 deposit (FCC) to book?

If everything works out it would be great to get the extra OBC from the Internet TA but I doubt we go that route because I am not sure about reaching out to the Internet TA from the ship. In addition, I am not sure what my experience will be dealing with an Internet TA. This would be our first time using an Internet TA rather than Princess. I think I will most likely book with Princess. We will still be happy with just the FCC benefit with Princess.

Caribill and Pia, I think both of you are correct.

The cruise we hope to book is in late Oct. of this year. We will book by September 1 on the cruise ship.

I called couple of Internet TA's and they said I need make payment with them.

Pia, Don't I have pay a $100 deposit (FCC) to book?

If everything works out it would be great to get the extra OBC from the Internet TA but I doubt we go that route because I am not sure about reaching out to the Internet TA from the ship. In addition, I am not sure what my experience will be dealing with an Internet TA. This would be our first time using an Internet TA rather than Princess. I think I will most likely book with Princess. We will still be happy with just the FCC benefit with Princess.

I assume you have no FCC's in your possession at this time. For future reference, buy extra, so you have the ability of booking it yourself from home. I always have six on hand; three each.

You should know which TA you want to use and be established with them in advance. That way you can just email when you book on board and all will happen automatically. You need recommendation; hard to just do it initially, but that's how most of us got started.

I'm not sure what you mean by internet TA's saying you have to make payment with them. Payment for what? Definitely not ever paying them directly with a check made out to their company. NEVER, ever do that! Also, never deal with an agency that charges any kind of fee for anything.

This time you may just keep a booking with Princess, but have those extra FCC's and next time there will be no dilemma. Of course you still need to find a good discount TA.

I assume you have no FCC's in your possession at this time. For future reference, buy extra, so you have the ability of booking it yourself from home. I always have six on hand; three each.

You should know which TA you want to use and be established with them in advance. That way you can just email when you book on board and all will happen automatically. You need recommendation; hard to just do it initially, but that's how most of us got started.

I'm not sure what you mean by internet TA's saying you have to make payment with them. Payment for what? Definitely not ever paying them directly with a check made out to their company. NEVER, ever do that! Also, never deal with an agency that charges any kind of fee for anything.

This time you may just keep a booking with Princess, but have those extra FCC's and next time there will be no dilemma. Of course you still need to find a good discount TA.

Good advice if you pay by credit card you have recourse. Also good advice on "stockpiling" the FCC's

Pia,

We are trying to purchase FCC while on a cruise next week. Our plan was to book (ASAP)a last minute cruise with an Internet TA after we purchase FCC. Sounds like the best way would be to purchase FCC and book directly with Princess

You can then transfer it to a travel agent who can give you a better deal.

Hi Pia,

We just started cruising last August and this coming trip will be our fifth. However, we have only used FCC two times. We didn't know we can purchase multiple FCC's until recently. I plan on buying 5 each this time, that way I don't have to go through this dilemma. LOL!

About the Internet TA, if you say don't pay them then who do I pay the cruise fare to?

Also, I read on the CC board that someone mentioned transfer booking back and forth between Princess and TA before the final payment. Is that even possible?

We will book with a Princess on this one. We are still in the learning stage so we can use a TA next time.

Thanks again, I really appreciate all your input!

Dorisis, ... If we paid in full is transfer still work?

If anyone can recommend a good TA please email me at cici66m@gmail.com. I live in CA if that makes any difference. Thanks!:)

About the Internet TA, if you say don't pay them then who do I pay the cruise fare to? This means when you give your credit card number to the TA, be sure the charge will be going directly to Princess, not first to the TA's account with the hope they will pass it on to Princess.

If anyone can recommend a good TA please email me at .....

This type of request is not permitted by Cruise Critc rules. To find a good TA, got to the M&G on your next cruise and ask your fellow roll call members.

See above in red

What Caribill said is ever so true. I know of people who lost their money when the agency wasn't paying the provider. Some horror stories including high schoolers on a once in a lifetime field trip and the money vanished when the TA folded up their tent and vanished. So it's always important to deal with a reputable TA and use your credit card.

"When you return home from sailing with Princess, you will receive an email enabling you to contact us to book your next cruise with the incentive of a reduced deposit and an onboard credit.

This offer is good for 60 days following the end of your previous cruise, this applies to new bookings only and is only available to passengers who did not make a future cruise booking or deposit while onboard.

Upon making a booking with a Future Cruise Deposit, the appropriate onboard credit will be applied:"

"When you return home from sailing with Princess, you will receive an email enabling you to contact us to book your next cruise with the incentive of a reduced deposit and an onboard credit.

This offer is good for 60 days following the end of your previous cruise, this applies to new bookings only and is only available to passengers who did not make a future cruise booking or deposit while onboard.

Upon making a booking with a Future Cruise Deposit, the appropriate onboard credit will be applied:"

This only sent to those who met the other conditions and booked with a TA.

Also the OBC is less than with FCCs purchased while on the ship.

Interesting. Must be something new (since March). We've been on a lot of Princess cruises and have never seen that appear on the e-mail.

If I'm reading it correctly it does rather disincentivize booking on board. I wonder if it's a test to see if they could do away with the future cruise people. Just speculating.

If I'm reading it correctly it does rather disincentivize booking on board. I wonder if it's a test to see if they could do away with the future cruise people. Just speculating.

The opposite. The OBC with this offer is substantially less than the OBC with the onboard FCC.

I think this is aimed at people who neverheard of or realized there was an opportunity to purchase FCCs while on board.

Following is per person OBC with this offer.

3-6 Days Inside/Oceanview $10....Balcony/mini-suite/suite $15

7-10 Days Inside/Oceanview $15....Balcony/mini-suite/suite $30

11-16 Days Inside/Oceanview $40....Balcony/mini-suite/suite $60

17+ Days Inside/Oceanview $75....Balcony/mini-suite/suite $125

The opposite. The OBC with this offer is substantially less than the OBC with the onboard FCC.

I think this is aimed at people who neverheard of or realized there was an opportunity to purchase FCCs while on board.

Following is per person OBC with this offer.

3-6 Days Inside/Oceanview $10....Balcony/mini-suite/suite $15

7-10 Days Inside/Oceanview $15....Balcony/mini-suite/suite $30

11-16 Days Inside/Oceanview $40....Balcony/mini-suite/suite $60

17+ Days Inside/Oceanview $75....Balcony/mini-suite/suite $125

Thanks I didn't see the amount of credit listed with the original posting. It's a good marketing technique.

BTW I noticed that the amount of OBC from FCC was reduced a while ago.

Archived