Refund for price drop after final payment date

Sorry if they told you that. I've been on Princess more than 20 times. Once final payment is due, no price drop is granted.

And from my one cruise on Princess, I can say that this is a long standing policy. RC just stopped giving refunds after final payment date relatively recently.

When you make a reservation on a cruise after final payment for that cruise, full payment is due at time of booking. They have a policy called Best Price Guarantee, which if you find a lower price within 48 hours of the original booking, they will refund 110% of the price difference. This about the only time price drops after final payment are done.

Gregg

And there was a recent poster on this forum who was "peeved" that RC wouldn't honor the Best Price Guarantee because it was MORE than 48 hours later. :rolleyes:

We were on Sea Princess last November and were very happy with the ship and service. We are due to sample Radiance this November and may need to change lines as Princess seem to be reducing their sailings from our home port of Sydney Australia.

Gnome.

Since we already know the policy, not getting a better price is something we anticipate. I have made it a rule to not look at the prices after final payment. We book balcony cabins in a location we like and we book multiple cabins. One cabin upgrade wouldn't be feasible either...but basically, we know the rules so we don't expect anything from the cruise line AFTER final payment. We book at a price that we can live with and roll with the punches after that. We've only had a price drop a couple of times in all our cruises. For the current one, we've seen it do nothing but climb so I'm not expecting to get a price better than what we've already paid.

I've read on this forum that some people got refunded for the price difference when the price dropped even after final payment date on RCCL. Any recent experience on this? Is it still the case nowadays?

Thanks.

Our TA contacted RCCL when the price of our cruise on Oasis dropped. Since we were paid in full they wouldn't drop the price. Instead they moved us up a deck in basically the same cabin we had.

Didn't see the benefit in it. In fact, we had to reprint all our documents and luggage tags. Granted we were closer to the elevators but not worth the inconvenience. Guess it doesn't benefit the cruiser to pay off your cruise in one fell swoop. Next time, we will pay it out till the last minute.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Our TA contacted RCCL when the price of our cruise on Oasis dropped. Since we were paid in full they wouldn't drop the price. Instead they moved us up a deck in basically the same cabin we had.

Didn't see the benefit in it. In fact, we had to reprint all our documents and luggage tags. Granted we were closer to the elevators but not worth the inconvenience. Guess it doesn't benefit the cruiser to pay off your cruise in one fell swoop. Next time, we will pay it out till the last minute.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Better get a new TA because it's the final payment date that is used not the fact that is paid off early. However looking at your signature you are a long tine past final payment date.

Archived