Photo Packages ?....SATISFIED or NOT ?

Another comment. There's another "package" offered (and please forgive me as I don't recall the name). But they do have an option where you'll have the exclusive use of a photographer for a portrait session. No sitting fees. The photos are absolutely phenomenal and of a much nicer quality than the regular photos taken throughout the ship.

After asking some questions, we chose to schedule a session. The photographer informed us that there was no minimum to buy although he refused to disclose actual costs (saying that we would discuss that at the end of the session). We went through the session and scheduled a "photo viewing session" for the following day.

First of all, the photos were absolutely phenomenal. Just beautiful and tasteful. Going through the viewing session, my wife was getting teary eyed because the photos were THAT good. She wanted all of them. That's until the photographer started going over prices... :o

In our mind, we were ready to pay $500 for these photos. But the cost was higher.MUCH higher. For 24 photos, the cost was in excess of $2,000! :eek: We kept going through more economical options but finally gave up when the photographer informed us that the least expensive option would be a slide show on a DVD that we couldn't print, (just view only) for around $700.

It was such a shame because the work was indeed stupendous, but we couldn't justify the price. After the photographer informed us that we had to make a decision before the cruise ended (otherwise proofs would be deleted and we'd never have a chance to order them), we declined and walked away. :(

The last night of the cruise, there was an envelope in our cabin with an 8X10 photo that the photographer did complimentarily print for us; a beautiful black and white photo of our family.

I'm just curious how many people actually end up buying these photos. I'm aware that there's people who wouldn't think twice about the cost, but I think that majority of people would have a similar reaction to ours.

Edited by Tapi

Another comment. There's another "package" offered (and please forgive me as I don't recall the name). But they do have an option where you'll have the exclusive use of a photographer for a portrait session. No sitting fees. The photos are absolutely phenomenal and of a much nicer quality than the regular photos taken throughout the ship.

After asking some questions, we chose to schedule a session. The photographer informed us that there was no minimum to buy although he refused to disclose actual costs (saying that we would discuss that at the end of the session). We went through the session and scheduled a "photo viewing session" for the following day.

First of all, the photos were absolutely phenomenal. Just beautiful and tasteful. Going through the viewing session, my wife was getting teary eyed because the photos were THAT good. She wanted all of them. That's until the photographer started going over prices... :o

In our mind, we were ready to pay $500 for these photos. But the cost was higher.MUCH higher. For 24 photos, the cost was in excess of $2,000! :eek: We kept going through more economical options but finally gave up when the photographer informed us that the least expensive option would be a slide show on a DVD that we couldn't print, (just view only) for around $700.

It was such a shame because the work was indeed stupendous, but we couldn't justify the price. After the photographer informed us that we had to make a decision before the cruise ended (otherwise proofs would be deleted and we'd never have a chance to order them), we declined and walked away. :(

The last night of the cruise, there was an envelope in our cabin with an 8X10 photo that the photographer did complimentarily print for us; a beautiful black and white photo of our family.

I'm just curious how many people actually end up buying these photos. I'm aware that there's people who wouldn't think twice about the cost, but I think that majority of people would have a similar reaction to ours.

Tapi I saw that package and the picture quality was excellent....when I asked about it I was told it would exceed well over $1000.00 for the 5 of us....and when asked of my cabin # they said most everyone in a suite got the package....the more questions I asked the more leery I became ~ as all the answers were generalizations and not specific to the questions I asked.....thinking now more of a hard sell approach with answers that were somewhat misleading and not very well explained in detail.

they said most everyone in a suite got the package...

Yes, I can see people in the more expensive suites purchasing this type of package (what's another $2,000 when you already spent more than $10,000 for a suite), but for us on a lowly standard cabin that cost almost as much as the photo package, the price caused some serious sticker shock :o.

Edited by Tapi

she did explain to me that all pics taken onboard are kept for 6 weeks after a sailing then they are deleted from their files....so if anyone is not pleased with the photos/portraits/disks they receive do contact them within 6 weeks time period after sailing.

I sure wish I would have known that early:mad:. We were missing over 1/2 of our photos and it was do to the kiosks not working correctly. I would have loved to get / receive the digital of our photos. Oh well lesson learned, I guess.

I don't know why I'm surprised at those prices, but I am. What a rip! Glad that you didn't cave to the photog's smooth talk.

again thanks for added feedback & experiences from others.....

spoke with another customer rep today @ 10:30am...and he claimed they must have misunderstood the email address i gave them yesterday thus the reason i did not get the correspondence they supposedly were to send me ....:rolleyes:

he assured me as soon as he hung up the phone that they would be emailing me the the file case # and a link to send/remit them copies of the pitiful pics we received......well 3 plus hours later and nothing....(smh)

appears that all this company is willing to provide is lip service...:(

in starting this thread i never expected things to go in the direction they have...actually now i am glad i did...to keep others informed so hopefully they will not have to experience the lack of satisfaction and virtually non-existant customer service from this company that i have thus far....:o

cheers til my next update ~ time to call the credit card company...:)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
Now that a little bit of time has passed (certainly enough to allow a company to get their song and dance straight) what has happened? Any Updates 2K4 Corvette?

my apologies for responding to your question over a year later....at the time being a rather newbie to CC i had forgotten how to find and access this thread that i had started....:eek:

to my satisfaction was given a partial refund.....and a few of the photos were "touched up"......end result......28 photos cost $99.00....so became a win ~ win......company made a wrong right.....matter of fact have purchased the unlimited package on my last 3 cruises...:)