Are there no free drinks packages any more?

Just looking at Fire and Ice for next year, but can't find anything about free or reduced AI. Do they not do that for ex-UK sailings?

Also, do you get free car parking? All I can see is free coach travel :confused:

We are the same looking at doing the Arctic Affair next year. The car park is free at this moment, that could change and the AI is full price. We did the fjords in July from Newcastle that was full price also for AI. On the Celebration at Xmas for two weeks free AI on that one:confused::confused:

Dont forget to tick the box's Linda for your free car parking

also the box's for your Free £ 50 onboard credit (would you like 1 or 2 obc ? :rolleyes:)

They do ask some daft stuff Thomsons ;):D

Thanks kalos :) I didn't realise you had to do that!

DH hasn't agreed yet :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Just read through this thread and see that these questions had already been answered - doh :o:o

So why has Sailorsheila got A1 for £69 on the Spirit? :confused::confused:

Confused - off to bed :)

Probably because it's not sailing out of the UK Linda. Any closer to persuading him? ;)

I'm also trying to decide between artic affair v fire & ice?? or basically newcastle v harwich?? (thats a long hike for us...newcastle)

but

I’m thinking….better get this cruise in next summer….might not be on the following summer??

Thanks Vera :)

Now to persuade DH :rolleyes::rolleyes:

When I said I wanted to go to Iceland, he said "Off you go then, round to the shopping centre" - ho ho very droll:rolleyes::D

Apologies for wandering off topic, but a mention of Iceland (the food supermarket) always reminds me of a "scheme" my son and loads of is mates etc. got involved with some years ago.

Iceland were offering a case of 24 x Stella Artois for £9.99 as a limited time promotion.

Some bright spark enquired what was the cheapest item sold in the shop - to be told it was a two finger Kit Kat @ 19p (or thereabouts) each.

This individual had noticed Iceland's free delivery service where £30 or more was spent in one order - so he ordered 3 packs of SA and 1 Kit Kat !!!

This deal then spread around like wildfire amongst the late teen age group, by internet, text, mobile phone calls and word of mouth.

Groups of three friends were chipping in a tenner each, plus the odd pennies and Iceland were inundated with orders for home delivery - they had to pull the offer very quickly !!!

:D

Probably because it's not sailing out of the UK Linda. Any closer to persuading him? ;)
I'm working on it :) Slowly slowly catchee monkey :D

Also weighing up other options (but don't think any other lines come anywhere near the value of Fire and Ice!) also is it worth checking the prices for a while or does the free parking go after a while?

Apologies for wandering off topic, but a mention of Iceland (the food supermarket) always reminds me of a "scheme" my son and loads of is mates etc. got involved with some years ago.

Iceland were offering a case of 24 x Stella Artois for £9.99 as a limited time promotion.

Some bright spark enquired what was the cheapest item sold in the shop - to be told it was a two finger Kit Kat @ 19p (or thereabouts) each.

This individual had noticed Iceland's free delivery service where £30 or more was spent in one order - so he ordered 3 packs of SA and 1 Kit Kat !!!

This deal then spread around like wildfire amongst the late teen age group, by internet, text, mobile phone calls and word of mouth.

Groups of three friends were chipping in a tenner each, plus the odd pennies and Iceland were inundated with orders for home delivery - they had to pull the offer very quickly !!!

:D

Very good WCM :D:D

BTW, delivery is free on £25 worth of shopping now ;)

I'm working on it :) Slowly slowly catchee monkey :D

Also weighing up other options (but don't think any other lines come anywhere near the value of Fire and Ice!) also is it worth checking the prices for a while or does the free parking go after a while?

Yes the free parking does eventually disappear Linda - we've generally booked later when I must say there have been some good deals but I think you'd have to wait until quite clse to departure for that. Because of booking later we've had to pick up the parking tab of course which was in the order of £100 as I remember. It's hard to advise but I reckon the prices aren't bad at all - so it's really a case of whether you want the peace of mind of securing the cruise now (depending on how long the softly, softly approach takes!:D) Good luck! ;)

Well,DH has just said "If you like" when asked if we should book for Iceland :):) and in my book that means "Yes" :D

Now who can recommend a nice outside cabin on deck 1,2 or 3? I don't want L shaped beds! If I take a quote to the TA on Monday will they check what is available before we book?

Well,DH has just said "If you like" when asked if we should book for Iceland :):) and in my book that means "Yes" :D

We know that, you've done it before;).

Can't answer the cabn question but the TA should be able to check before booking.

Now who can recommend a nice outside cabin on deck 1,2 or 3? I don't want L shaped beds! If I take a quote to the TA on Monday will they check what is available before we book?

TAs will ring HQ to check which cabins are available so you know which deck to book. Once you have booked they will ring back to HQ to confirm the booking.

There are some doubles on decks 1, 2 & 3, (mostly deck 2) but most of the twins on these decks are 'L' shaped. Just a few in parallel format.

Good luck finding one!

Malc.

Thanks Malch :) I just remember once I went to book and asked if they could check availability first and the TA said they could only check AFTER they had booked :rolleyes: I shall have to be persistant ;)

Might be a busy day tomorrow - not had any hot water or heating since Friday, so have left message with plumber who is away for the weekend :( so waiting to hear from him too :rolleyes:

Hi Linda. I insisted with my TA that they checked cabin availability before we would book and they did. It was just a phone call. :)

DH has just said again he would go nowhere colder than the UK so I guess if I want to go it will be a cruise for the "girls"! Oh, and it poured down here in Corfu last night but the sun has come out now so will have to put iPad away! :)

Hi Linda. I insisted with my TA that they checked cabin availability before we would book and they did. It was just a phone call. :)

DH has just said again he would go nowhere colder than the UK so I guess if I want to go it will be a cruise for the "girls"! Oh, and it poured down here in Corfu last night but the sun has come out now so will have to put iPad away!

Hi Jackie, glad you are having a good time. Tell DH it was warmer in Norway than it is here now and our central heating and hot water have gone wrong :( Waiting for the plumber to call back :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Enjoy the rest of your holiday, :) looking forward to hearing all about it :)

Hi Jackie, glad you are having a good time. Tell DH it was warmer in Norway than it is here now and our central heating and hot water have gone wrong :( Waiting for the plumber to call back

Enjoy the rest of your holiday, :) looking forward to hearing all about it :)

Massive storm during the night but hot and sunny by 11.00am. Downside....mossies by the thousands!!:eek:

Looking at the weather forecast there are violent storms in the north Adriatic. :eek:

Getting back on thread.....we used the drinks package to our full advantage!!

Archived