Refreshing

ladylemondrop

A good friend of mine who had not cruised for a few years recently went on Reflection Eastern Med for 10 nights with her partner.

I was ready to assist her with regard to all things planning - I armed her with a link to these forums, her roll call, and the celebrity website so she could register and get luggage labels etc, and I gave lots of tips about tours/dining etc.

She just got back and guess what? They LOVED it!! They loved their standard balcony cabin, the food in MDR (they tried just one speciality restaurant), they loved the staff, and only did one tour via the ship, which they loved.

She admitted she did not use Cruise Critic, Roll Call, or My Celebrity, she just went, had a great time, and came home saying it was the best holiday they have ever had.

Refreshing. :)

So glad they had a wonderful time. Some people want to know "everything" before they go. I believe that takes some of the excitement from the experience. Some want to know absolutely nothing before they go. I believe that can cost some money and wasting of time. The trick is to maintain a balance. Even as an experienced cruiser I've found Cruise Critic more than helpful. I've been able to find people with shared interest ( Rotary International) and arrange a meeting. There are usually a few people on any roll call who like to monitor price changes and I've been able to save a few dollars thanks to them. No rights or wrongs, do as you like.

Indeed, I find the boards, particularly the roll call, such a great thing, I love to plan shared excursions, make new friends, discuss best way to book dining etc. but it was nice that she was so happy. I was pleased and relieved, as it was my suggestion she try celebrity!:D

A good friend of mine who had not cruised for a few years recently went on Reflection Eastern Med for 10 nights with her partner.

I was ready to assist her with regard to all things planning - I armed her with a link to these forums, her roll call, and the celebrity website so she could register and get luggage labels etc, and I gave lots of tips about tours/dining etc.

She just got back and guess what? They LOVED it!! They loved their standard balcony cabin, the food in MDR (they tried just one speciality restaurant), they loved the staff, and only did one tour via the ship, which they loved.

She admitted she did not use Cruise Critic, Roll Call, or My Celebrity, she just went, had a great time, and came home saying it was the best holiday they have ever had.

Refreshing. :)

Sounds wonderful....we are doing the same cruise next summer. Can you ask her which nights were formal nights. Much appreciated.

Archived