Stowing luggage under beds - Millennium

Putz

When we were on the Infinity, I posted this information for someone who asked but that was on the old boards which are defunct and I did not retain this information.

However when we were on the Horizon, I did measure the bed clearance and found that there is 10.25" between the floor and the bed frame. The frame is the lowest point on the underside of the bed. If you clear the frame (slide your luggage under the frame by lifting the frame up), the clearance improves to 12" between the floor and the bed.

PUTZ:

Sometimes just unzipping the suitcase will allow it to fit under the bed. With my hard-sided, I just open it and side it under. I can also use that as another space for stashing dirty clothes if needed !!:D

If worse comes to worse, just ask your cabin steward to put it into storage for you. He'll retreive it for you the last night for packing back up!!

Not need to PUTZ your husband under the bed!;)

yep, everything fit under our bed on the Connie, I never thought about storing dH there as well, but sometimes when he gets has a pity party I would love to stash him away. Most of time he is a pretty decent guy, but there are times when the luggage is more enjoyable than him. Of course he would never think this about me, I am so pleasant all the time. LOL

NMNita

We did that, too, our huge hardside did not fit closed up but fit fine opened up...just pulled it out and threw dirty clothes in...just make sure to look for stragglers that jumped out and tried to stow away when you're ready to come home.

My largest travel pro did not fit under the bed - it was too high even lifting the bed up. For dirty clothes storage, we bought one of those pop up hamper cubes and either put in a corner of the room or closet and use that for dirty clothes. It really doesn't hold a full weeks worth, but when it is full, we pull the suitcase out and pack the dirty clothes. That way we're not pulling the suitcase out each day and there is less to pack at the end of the cruise.

No laundry room on any Celebrity ship.

I've been able to get all our bags under the bed except for our large travel pro. We have not been able to get it under the bed on several Celebrity ships. We also have to open our rolling travelpro garment bag to get it under the bed, so there really isn't room under the bed for "monster" bag as I call it anyway. And I do tend put smaller suitcases inside larger ones before putting them under the bed.

Archived