St Peter's train Station to Vatican Museum

BLS

St Peter's train Station to Vatican Museum Entrance

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will also post this under ports of call but with so many folks just off the Royal thought I'd ask here too.

We are using the train from the Port (for Rome) to the Station for the Vatican (St Peters)

so can anyone tell me how long it takes to walk from the Station to the entrance to the Vatican Museums? (am trying to decide what time to purchase our tickets for)

Mahalo for any help!

Bev

It is going to be a very long walk from the train station but you can get on the subway right there and get quite close to Vatican city that way. We walked from our hotel, which was closer by about ten minutes walk from the train station, and it probably took 30-45 minutes at least.

Having said that I always enjoy walking in europe as there are lots of interesting things to see on the way.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

It is a downhill walk from S. Pietro train station. There is a bus that will take you a good portion of the way. It will be parked just outside and to the right of the station as you exit. It goes down the hill and turns. Get off before the tunnel. The driver will tell you. Very simple. We have staying in that area before.

This will get you halfway there. Then you have to cross the street, go through the square past St. Peters and through to the museum entrance. It you have trouble walking it could be a stretch.

The total walk from the Roma San Pietro train station to the entrance of the Vatican Museums on Viale Vaticano is 1.2 miles.

You can take the bus, the #64, to the third stop (named Cavalleggeri/Fornaci) and walk from there, saving a few steps. The walk from this bus stop to the entrance of the museums is 8/10ths of a mile.

Personally, I would only use the bus if it happened to be standing there ready to go when I got off the train, it's not worth waiting for it for this short ride.

St Peter's train Station to Vatican Museum Entrance

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will also post this under ports of call but with so many folks just off the Royal thought I'd ask here too.

We are using the train from the Port (for Rome) to the Station for the Vatican (St Peters)

so can anyone tell me how long it takes to walk from the Station to the entrance to the Vatican Museums? (am trying to decide what time to purchase our tickets for)

Mahalo for any help!

Bev

Aloha Bev, it's a relatively easy and short walk. From outside the San Pietro train station, just look up and you'll be able to see the dome of St. Peter's Basilica. (To your left as you walk out) The Vatican Museum is just around St. Peter's Square. :)

Archived