Celebrity Summit repo San Juan to Bayonne, April 26, 2014

d&a Delaware

Allen and I love the Summit, San Juan, Bermuda (one of the stops on this repositioning cruise), and this cruise is shaping up to be a great one for us. There is a very active roll call already underway on the Celebrity roll call boards, with lots of family actively and openly participating :). Come join us.

This will be our fourth time sailing on Summit, but our first time as a married couple. Very much looking forward to this one.

David

• 2 weeks later...
Allen and I love the Summit, San Juan, Bermuda (one of the stops on this repositioning cruise), and this cruise is shaping up to be a great one for us. There is a very active roll call already underway on the Celebrity roll call boards, with lots of family actively and openly participating :). Come join us.

This will be our fourth time sailing on Summit, but our first time as a married couple. Very much looking forward to this one.

David

Hello David

Isn't being married wonderful!:D I was amazed....way so much more respect is given than when we were listed as Domestic Partners...

Hello David

Isn't being married wonderful!:D I was amazed....way so much more respect is given than when we were listed as Domestic Partners...

Hi Joseph,

Nice to catch up with you on this board/forum (whatever it is). I almost always start a G&L roll call thread for our cruises, and only VERY seldom ever get a reply. This is so cool :cool:.

Yes, it is so very nice to be able to refer to Allen as my husband :). Even here in Rehoboth Beach where many of our gay and lesbian friends have preceded us in this regard, and where it is very accepted and welcoming to be out, being married is an additional level of feeling good about ourselves and our lives. We had a very small ceremony at home, with a close friend officiating, with a few close friends and my daughter (accompanied by her new girlfriend) as well as Allen's mother, aunt, sister and nieces all attending. We will follow up with a BIG party in December, when my son & his girlfriend, my sisters & their husbands, and lots of friends & neighbors will be here. It's the wedding that just goes on and on and....:rolleyes:.

I am also very much looking forward to introducing Allen as my husband on our upcoming cruises when we join our tablemates at dinner the first night. We'll experience that first on a short RCL repositioning cruise in November (Vision of the Seas, Miami to Colon) and then on our Summit cruise next spring. We are trying the variable time dining option for the first time on these two cruises, though we hope to still be able to be seated at large tables. What dining option have you and David chosen for the Summit cruise? It would be nice to find others with "Select" dining so it could be possible to arrive at the dining room some evenings in the company of at least a few tablemates.

Cheers,

David

Sounds like you had a lovely affair congratulations!!... I am sure Decembers celebration will be just as exciting.... we got married in a local church here in los angeles back in 2008.. as a matter of fact our 5th year anniversary comes around this Sunday! :D

As for dinner we always have late seating a table for two.. its our time ... no matter what else we have on our schedule we always have dinner...:)

2008 !!! You guys took advantage of the first California window of opportunity. Nice job :D. We had been so papered with trusts, powers of attorney and such for so many years that we were in no hurry, but the demise of DOMA and the IRS rulemaking (wasn't that romantic :rolleyes:) nudged us to seize the occasion of our 22nd anniversary and take the next step. And it really feels great that we did -- even more so than we expected. If not over dinner, we'll have plenty of opportunity to chat about any of this over cocktails :).

David

Edited by d&a Delaware

If not over dinner, we'll have plenty of opportunity to chat about any of this over cocktails :).

David

Definitely.... we will wow 22 year ... nice we haven't been together for as long as you guys....we have been as one .. together ... only since 1996..

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Hey Hey.. ...another month ending and that means we are closer to our Adventure!!

I was sure there would have been a lot more from our community joining us...

There always is a discussion about which line is more "gay friendly" yesterday while browsing the world wide web. I happened to check out Human Rights Campaign .. I was checking out the buyers guide which shows companies and the level of equality inside their company and to my surprise Carnival Corporation (and all its affiliates) scored a zero ranking ...while Royal Caribbean Cruises (and all its affiliates)score a 90.

I was floored! if you want check out all the different companies you do business with here is that link Buyers Guide

After all Action speaks louder than words....

Edited by rucrazy

Many more from our community posting with us on the Celebrity Roll Call thread for our cruise. For reasons I don't know, roll calls on this G&L Roll Calls section are notoriously under subscribed.

The HRC ratings are interesting. I didn't even know they existed. Except for our very first cruise on Costa (a Carnival product), all our cruises have been on RCI or Celebrity, and the HRC ratings certainly reflect our experience. Looks like Carnival may not even have responded to the HRC survey.

Yes, our cruise is getting closer and the "other" roll call is busier than ever. Most of my "anticipation" focus, though, is on our short November cruise on RCI Vision of the Seas, the 3 night repo from Miami to Colon. Among other things, I'm working my way through some rudimentary Spanish language learning CDs, trying to be at least a little prepared for

what some describe as a Spanish immersion cruise. It will be fun :).

David

I do know HAL for example has NO policy in place regarding same sex couples.. We found this out when senior staff told me one thing on board and corporate relayed a different position once I returned stateside...That led us to cancel 2 booked cruises and ask for a refund on 2 more future cruise credits we had outstanding....

At this stage of our lives we try and only support those who in turn are supporting us...

• 2 weeks later...
Hi David .. we are off to Hawaii in a couple of weeks for a couple of weeks.. type at you when we return! Stay Safe!!

Joseph & David,

Enjoy your Hawaii vacation. Hawaii is the only State I have never visited, though Allen has several times, mostly when he was living in Los Angeles. I know you will enjoy yourselves. Talk (type) with you when you are home.

David

Guest colocfi

Hello everyone,

I normally follow the main roll call forum, but I'll need to stop by here more often. We're doing the Repo for the 3rd year in a row now, and our fifth time on the summit.

-ColoCFI

Hello everyone,

I normally follow the main roll call forum, but I'll need to stop by here more often. We're doing the Repo for the 3rd year in a row now, and our fifth time on the summit.

-ColoCFI

Hi Jeff & Kyle,

Nice to catch up with you guys on this thread as well as the other. You are ahead of Allen and me for times on Summit -- this will be our 4th cruise on her. Twice to Bermuda, and last spring a 7 night southern Caribbean out of San Juan. Our first time for this repo, though, and the lively and welcoming group on the main roll call makes me think we might want to repeat in 2015.

David

I know there are at least 3 couples because we have posted on this forum.....But in general...Does anyone have an idea as to the number of same sex couples that are on this cruise?

It's not important.... I just wondered....:)

On our main roll call there appear to be five male couples -- in addition to the three of us posting here there are bilgeboyPA and MSUGuy2. And there a quite a few single women with us, though I am not at all sure how many, if any, are "family". And those of us on any roll call are only a very small percentage of those who will be on the cruise.

David

On our main roll call there appear to be five male couples -- in addition to the three of us posting here there are bilgeboyPA and MSUGuy2. And there a quite a few single women with us, though I am not at all sure how many, if any, are "family". And those of us on any roll call are only a very small percentage of those who will be on the cruise.

David

Thanks David.....

Guest colocfi

It seems like that last 2 Repo's there have been at least a handful or more, perhaps up to a dozen couples? Of course, that's just from running into people around the ship over the week.

It seems like that last 2 Repo's there have been at least a handful or more, perhaps up to a dozen couples? Of course, that's just from running into people around the ship over the week.

Thanks. Always best to get first hand information from someone who has been there :).

David

Thanks, but I think I would be hanging out with your David, and I suspect Allen will be in the gym.

David

That is ok.. haven't play a real card game in 15 years...:) although I keep trying

Edited by rucrazy

• 2 weeks later...