Celebrity Summit repo San Juan to Bayonne, April 26, 2014

d&a Delaware

Hey, guys. Did a web search about something else and found your thread. I am on the "regular" roll call. Daughter is gay. Anyway looking forward to meeting everyone.

Hey Hugh....Welcome to the "other" roll call....:p

what on earth were the search parameters.... LOL

Yes, Facebook is a very scary place. I wander through there from time to time, mostly to post/like/share stuff about some excellent classical chamber music ensembles (check out coastalconcerts.org), and I have no idea what happens to what I say or where it goes, but our marketing guy tells me it's important that I do that. My technical savvy is minimal -- I don't text or tweet and use my cell phone (when I remember to turn it on) only to send and receive telephone calls :p. I think it's perfect that Facebook sent you here, Hugh, where you are absolutely welcome :D. We're happy to chat with you here as well as on the other "regular" roll call. I hope I can keep up with all these threads.

David

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest colocfi
Still surprised this thread isn't busier :confused:

Yeah, not too much activity here yet, perhaps as it gets closer to April? We're finally all set with flights booked both ways, and hotel in San Juan for a few nights.

Guest colocfi
Great!!.. we are coming in on the 22nd.. our first time in PR

Where are you staying in San Juan? We really love it there, in fact it's one of the highlights of this cruise. We've stayed in Old San Juan one time, and Condado twice. We'll be at Condado again this time too.

Where are you staying in San Juan? We really love it there, in fact it's one of the highlights of this cruise. We've stayed in Old San Juan one time, and Condado twice. We'll be at Condado again this time too.

We are booked at the Condado Lagoon Villas at the Caribe Hilton.

Looks like we all will be staying in Condado -- Allen and I are at the Marriott Stellaris, so we are all relatively near each other. We will arrive on the afternoon 0f the 24th, and I am trying to get Allen to go to this restaurant on that evening: http://www.beboscafe.com/

On a previous trip to San Juan a taxi driver told us this was the best place in Condado for authentic Puerto Rican cooking, and I would like to give it a try. Unfortunately, I can't get Allen to focus yet on what we will actually be doing in San Juan in late April, which is probably a good thing to balance my compulsive need to over plan :rolleyes:. But if we will all be in San Juan by then, it might be a fun thing to do.

David

I know that there has been some discussion (on the other roll call) about the "group " doing happy hour at the Marriott Stellaris how far is that hotel from ours?

The Marriott Stellaris get together will be on Friday, April 25 -- details on Denise's spreadsheet. Your hotel is (according to Google) about 4.2km from the Marriott Stellaris, and La Concha is between the two, about a block from the Marriott Stellaris. I was thinking about dinner at Bebos on Thursday evening.

David

Edited by d&a Delaware

Guest colocfi
Looks like we all will be staying in Condado -- Allen and I are at the Marriott Stellaris, so we are all relatively near each other. We will arrive on the afternoon 0f the 24th, and I am trying to get Allen to go to this restaurant on that evening: http://www.beboscafe.com/

On a previous trip to San Juan a taxi driver told us this was the best place in Condado for authentic Puerto Rican cooking, and I would like to give it a try. Unfortunately, I can't get Allen to focus yet on what we will actually be doing in San Juan in late April, which is probably a good thing to balance my compulsive need to over plan :rolleyes:. But if we will all be in San Juan by then, it might be a fun thing to do.

David

That restaurant looks pretty good. We've gone to a different Puerto Rican place near the La Concha twice before. The first time it was amazing, the second time was very so-so. I think it was called Orozco's. I wouldn't not go there again, but I'd rather try something new. We also went to a Puerto Rican place in OSJ that was very good, but also very expensive. I don't recall what it was called though.

If you go to OSJ in the morning, a place called the Waffle-Era has really good coffee or tea, and amazing waffles. and a view! And in Condado, Pinky's has a really good breakfast too. (I'm more of a breakfast than a dinner person)

Guest colocfi
I know that there has been some discussion (on the other roll call) about the "group " doing happy hour at the Marriott Stellaris how far is that hotel from ours?

It probably wouldn't be too pricey of a cab ride from the Carib Hilton to the Stellaris. The get together at the Stellaris is fun. We will stop by for at least a drink or two. Last year everyone was at the "back" side of the bar if you are entering the hotel from the main entry.

It probably wouldn't be too pricey of a cab ride from the Carib Hilton to the Stellaris. The get together at the Stellaris is fun. We will stop by for at least a drink or two. Last year everyone was at the "back" side of the bar if you are entering the hotel from the main entry.

I didn't know if it was walkable... we enjoy an evening stroll

we will most likely stop by for a drink.. we are not big drinkers

• 1 month later...

Hope everyone had a good holiday season, and coming into this New Year psyched up for our cruise :). There is a very lively and welcoming/inclusive roll call on the Celebrity roll call board in which all can feel comfortable participating.

Allen and I are starting the New Year in good spirits -- both of my adult children were with us for Christmas, so I am a very happy camper. Before our April cruise we have a theatre weekend in NYC in mid February :D and a pesky kidney stone removal procedure for me in late February :(. Very much looking forward to the cruise, and to more of you joining us here on this G&L roll call.

David

Guest colocfi

Hi David! The year out in the midwest (Denver) is off to a busy start. My travel schedule for work is filling up, with 3 or possibly 4 week long business trips already on the calendar between now and the cruise. Not to mention a few trips for fun between now and then.

Today is the 99 days to go countdown for us! We are flying to SJU a few days ahead to spend relaxing. I can't remember if you had mention being on the Repo cruise in past year, but it is a very good group of people!

-Jeff

Hi David! The year out in the midwest (Denver) is off to a busy start. My travel schedule for work is filling up, with 3 or possibly 4 week long business trips already on the calendar between now and the cruise. Not to mention a few trips for fun between now and then.

Today is the 99 days to go countdown for us! We are flying to SJU a few days ahead to spend relaxing. I can't remember if you had mention being on the Repo cruise in past year, but it is a very good group of people!

-Jeff

Kevin,

Happy New Year -- sounds like you guys are busy. This will be our 4th cruise on Summit, but our first repo, and so far it seems to be a great group. We are flying in 2 days early as well (according to Denise's spreadsheet we are scheduled to get to SJU just 2 hours before you & Kyle), and will be checking into the Marriott Stellaris. Wish it was happening sooner.

David

Guest colocfi

David, This will be our 4th time on the Summit, and 3rd Repo. And one time on the Connie, which is essentially the same ship. It tends to be a lot of the same people each year which is really nice, and in fact I'm checking every day for them to open up the 2015 Repo for booking. The Stellaris is quite nice, we either stay there or the La Concha, usually based on which I can book with points.

-Jeff

• 1 month later...

Cruise Critic search capability seems to be MIA currently, so I thought I'd bump this to a more visible spot, Roll Call thread on Celebrity Roll Calls board has become hugely active (and very welcoming to all of us who post there), so in case some of that activity/interest spilled over to here I wanted to try to catch it.

David

• 3 weeks later...
Kind of quiet on this board, especially with how much is going on on the other one!

Amen. The other is the most active, and most inclusive roll call I have experienced. Keeping up certainly holds my attention and keeps me busy. By any chance are you guys signed up for or considering the day trip to St. Johns while we are in St. Thomas?

David

Guest colocfi

Yes, we are planning to do the trip over to St. John's. We've been to St. Thomas 3 times, and have always just gone to the same beach. This time we thought it would be nice to try something new. We haven't book it yet, though. I should probably do that soon. Have you been to St. John?

Yes, we are planning to do the trip over to St. John's. We've been to St. Thomas 3 times, and have always just gone to the same beach. This time we thought it would be nice to try something new. We haven't book it yet, though. I should probably do that soon. Have you been to St. John?

Yes, I have been to St. Johns twice before, some 30 to 35 years ago in a very different life (family, children, etc.) Allen is my first husband, but not my first spouse. I stayed at the National Park campground on Cinnamon Bay -- the island, the beaches, the water are all wonderful. I am no longer able to navigate sandy beaches on my own, and I know St. Johns must have changed a lot, but I am so looking forward to this excursion :D. Yes, book it now. It will be a fabulous day.

David