Odd Price Drop Question

Has anyone ever submitted a price drop and then have them adjust your rate to less than what you submitted? Like, a lot less than it's supposed to be? If so, did they catch it and fix it to what you're supposed to pay?

The ethical part of me wants to let them know they messed up, but the practical part of me thinks they are a corporation and make enough money so why should I let them know they messed up? Unless they are going to catch it, that is.

I also have spent so many hours on the phone with them in the past that I dont really have the motivation to spend a couple hours with them explaining that I'm supposed to pay them more money. Any thoughts?

I'm definitely in the same room...that was the first thing I looked at. And now it says paid in full and the amount...the amount that happens to be significantly less than it should be. I have a screenshot of that where it says paid in full and that amount. It's just so bizarre to me that I'm paranoid they are going to cancel my cruise without telling me or something.

Did you receive the cabin confirmation e-mail with that price? Can you view your boarding pass and luggage tags?

How long before you cruise? If it's not for awhile, I'd keep an eye on it. I feel your anxiety. You know, if it sounds too good to be true sort of thing. Could it be you qualify for a lower rate than you thought? Good luck with this one. Please let us know how you made out.

There is a East Coast Resident rate thats going on right now that you could of qualified for if your from the East coast and the rates are about a $500 difference for my cruise im currently booked on then the standard rate if i wasn't an East Coast Resident. Thats the only thing i can think of... If thats not the reason then i would say thats their mistake i dont think they would be able to just cancel your cruise... I feel your anxiety.

I would keep a close eye on it and keep all documentation for possible recourse, but it seems that Carnival may have already thought of this, however in the interest of customer service you may be okay.

From their cruise ticket contract:

In the event that a cruise fare listed, quoted or advertised through any website, Carnival sales person, travel agent or any other source is booked but is incorrect due to an electronic error, typographical error, human error or any other error causing the fare to be listed, quoted or advertised for an amount not intended by Carnival, Carnival reserves the right to correct the erroneous fare by requesting the Guest to pay the correct fare intended, or by canceling the cruise in exchange for a full refund, but in no event shall Carnival be obligated to honor any such booking resulting from the error or otherwise be liable in such circumstances.

That happened to me on our last cruise although I wouldn't say it was a significant amount. It was around 100.00. There didn't seem any rhyme or reason to it. There must have been a sale I didn't know about when I submit the price drop. In your case it could have just been a simple input error. As long as you have all of the proof (My cruise manager)showing that you are paid and it's the smae room you booked, don't sweat it.

Did you receive the cabin confirmation e-mail with that price? Can you view your boarding pass and luggage tags?

How long before you cruise? If it's not for awhile, I'd keep an eye on it. I feel your anxiety. You know, if it sounds too good to be true sort of thing. Could it be you qualify for a lower rate than you thought? Good luck with this one. Please let us know how you made out.

Yep got the confirmation email with the ridiculously low price. I can print boarding and luggage, which I did. Haha.

I don't cruise for a few months so there's plenty of time for them to catch it. I highly doubt there's any rate this low. I'm pretty sure it's a clerical mistake. Ill just keep watching it and see what happens.

I have often paid less than was advertised on their web site. This is why I call when I book a cruise. I do my research on line but call when I'm ready to book. I will know if they try to charge me more but if it's less, it's a bonus. Don't make a big deal out of it. It's not like you're stealing from them.

We received an extra $10. and change in OBC today for no reason...Weird, but we will take it. Happy Cruising!!!:) Oh, we are leaving Saturday!!!:D:D

Where were you able to find the added OBC online? I keep seeing major price drops for my cruise, which is also after final payment, but when I tried to call Carnival about it they just told me there was nothing they could do but offer me an upgrade.

I definitely have not gotten my hopes up about OBC, but I'm curious about where you saw this..and you weren't sent an e-mail or notification from Carnival?

Have a great cruise! :D

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

There is a East Coast Resident rate thats going on right now that you could of qualified for if your from the East coast and the rates are about a $500 difference for my cruise im currently booked on then the standard rate if i wasn't an East Coast Resident.

Can you tell me where you saw this sale at. I would love to see if it applies to my cruise. I am a definite East Coaster, being from Maryland!!

Can you tell me where you saw this sale at. I would love to see if it applies to my cruise. I am a definite East Coaster, being from Maryland!!

I just looked it up by doing a mock booking. It looks like you would not qualify according to the disclaimer from Carnival --

Disclaimers:

Offer available to Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania residents only. Proof of residency required.

I am from New York so that is why i qualified. I guess its not the whole East Coast.

Sorry for getting your hopes up, Still have a great cruise!!

Archived