Bra straps

magandab

I hate when bra straps or any underwear shows! So tacky....I was in line at the store this past week...there were four women, one little girl and a man in front of me.

All four of the women had various colors an widths of bra straps hanging out of their tops.:eek:..most had on tanks and they just look really dirty.

I was hoping that the little girl who was covered with sleeves in a very cute little shirt, does not grow up to take after the lady she was wth!:rolleyes:

I totally understand the comfortable and casual lifestyle in Florida, but this is just plain "don't care attitude " !

Am I the only one who just cannot stand the current trend of having bra straps showing? I can't even wear a sleeveless top that allows a strap to peek out, much less a spaghetti strap top with a regular bra under it. I have a collection of racer back bras to prevent straps from showing and since I can't stand strapless bras, I don't wear anything that would require them.

I'm not talking about a sport bra under a tank top, but a normal undergarment!

On a related note, how many of you are old enough to remember the whispered warning from a school friend, "It's snowing down south"?

Yup! That meant that your slip was showing beneath your dress hem.

I wear a half slip with almost every dress... And it never snows as it is certainly a good 2-3 inches shorter than the dress. None of my straps show and I STILL wear pantyhose. My sister says that hose are OUT these days, but my husband says hose are sexy and "finishes" my look. If he likes my style that's what matters.

I think that hose might be making a return. T.J. Maxx has a display of them again. I always wear them when wearing a skirt with closed toe shoes in the winter. I don't like the feel of bare feet in a closed shoe.

I think that hose might be making a return. T.J. Maxx has a display of them again.

I've noticed them returning to department stores, too, accompanied by steep prices. The fashion merchandisers have found a brilliant way to make more money - declare a fashion basic " out of style" for a while and then bring it back with some slight variation or under a new name ( e.g. "leg wear" instead of "hosiery") and at three or four times the price and watch it take off again, especially among those too young to remember the item when it was around the first time.

I've noticed them returning to department stores, too, accompanied by steep prices. The fashion merchandisers have found a brilliant way to make more money - declare a fashion basic " out of style" for a while and then bring it back with some slight variation or under a new name ( e.g. "leg wear" instead of "hosiery") and at three or four times the price and watch it take off again, especially among those too young to remember the item when it was around the first time.

Well, they won't be making any money off of me! They can call them anything they like but I won't be buying. :D

My Grandmother would sew snap-tape into the shoulders of her blouses to keep the straps in place. Do they still make snap-tape? If not it's easy to make your own.

I love my dresses that have the little snaps on braided threads or ribbons under the shoulders. One less thing to worry about.

I don't get the women who wear strapless tops or racer backs with strapped bras. I don't own any racer back tanks right now because I can't find a racer backed bra that fits me.

I took a strapless bra on my last cruise even though I only wore it 3 times in 14 days. Once with a strapless casual top and twice with a one shoulder dress. Got lucky and I could still wear one strap that didn't show with the dress.

I'm 46, wear pantyhose with short cocktail dresses to make my marked and white legs look better, try to buy lined skirts and dresses so I don't need a slip and sometimes my bra straps show by accident.

I think there should be a thought bubble over her little girl's head "Mom, everyone can see your bra!!!" There is just so much wrong with this!

And Halle Barry is such a beautiful woman! :confused: This paparazzi is probably paying her back for snarky comments. :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...

I'm a lot younger than most of the ladies posting in this thread (33) but I absolutely hate seeing bra straps.

I find it tacky and tasteless.

I've been known to comment about it, just in case the person doesn't do it on purpose. :o

I myself cannot go without a bra (knocking on the E-cup door...) so sometimes it's truly a battle to find an outfit that doesn't show my underwear.

I'll rather change the outfit than chance the straps showing.

It does limit my choices in clothing, but I'd rather look unimaginative than careless.

OMG, this is one of my biggest pet peeves these days. I hate it! I think it is tastless and tacky. Between the females showing their bra straps and the guys showing their underwear...

Last year I was standing in a line looking down at my phone, when I looked up I took notice to a middle age woman in front of me with the dirtiest bra straps you could imagine. At one time that bra was either white or beige:eek::eek:

And can we all breathe a sigh of relief that the term "low rise", as in pants/jeans, no longer means you have to shave to wear the pants.... Or at least that's the way it looked.

Oh, Amy, this really made me LOL!

I called them limbo pants........how low can you go?

How about showing your whole bra and underpants? Did anybody see that white lace see-through dress(which was too tight, IMHO) Kim K. wore on the Tonight Show last night?

I never make up it till 11:30:eek:....guess I am getting old:rolleyes:...or 5am

just comes early every day.......:eek:

How about showing your whole bra and underpants? Did anybody see that white lace see-through dress(which was too tight, IMHO) Kim K. wore on the Tonight Show last night?

Didn't see it last night but just caught a glimpse of it on another TV show. She said it was her middle finger to the people who say she is fat. Just more to add to the Kartrashian image.:rolleyes:

I don't mind if my bra strap peeks out from under my shirt~ I have to wear a bra (32G) so I've come to accept it as part of my wardrobe~ although I do try to match it, black with dark clothes and tan with other colors~ and I don't TRY to make them show, just don't get upset if they do~With that being said~ the picture of Halle Berry is not something I would wear~

This one? A slip would have looked better.

DOLCE & GABBANA Macramé lace dress $2,954

kimkardashian_zps8640668d.jpg

Archived