Hurricane Dennis

Thanks, Tom and Cheryl, for the very interesting up-dates! We sailed the Miracle on its June 19 sailing so have had a real curiosity about how she has been fairing with Dennis. Out here on the west coast we really appreciated your bird’s-eye view of this storm! ;) ...And I think we’d all enjoy seeing pictures of that bird, too!

Anyone who wants that WET BIRD picture... just send me an e-mail ( gatrnol at hotmail dot com)

Someone else pointed out a large pelican hanging out under the lifeboats - snapped a closeup of that stowaway too!

We got off the ship at about 1:45... and were driving away by 2 am ish... WHEW... letter to CCL being composed as we speak (not because of the weather, but regarding how they failed to make the tough call EARLY - to bring us in before the storm.. or a full day later...)

Tom

Anyone who wants that WET BIRD picture... just send me an e-mail ( gatrnol at hotmail dot com)

Someone else pointed out a large pelican hanging out under the lifeboats - snapped a closeup of that stowaway too!

We got off the ship at about 1:45... and were driving away by 2 am ish... WHEW... letter to CCL being composed as we speak (not because of the weather, but regarding how they failed to make the tough call EARLY - to bring us in before the storm.. or a full day later...)

Tom

Tom, good to see you made it back!!! Cheryl should have my email addy, I want the pic! LOL!!! I had told Walt to call me when you guys got in... I'm REEEALLY glad he didn't!!!! Sorry it was such a hectic day... I know you are glad to be home!!!!!!! Hope the rest of the trip was great and you got lots of ice cream toppings :D

Tom

Hey guys.... we had such a blast meeting you both (and everyone else).... I think we had your pelican's brother on the lifeboat ourside our cabin... we have several pictures of him... I think he hung outside for almost 24 hours before he made his flight to Tampa.

What a few last couple of days.... nothing to deter me from cruising again... but could have ABSOLUTELY been handeled differently!! CCL will be getting a letter/call from me a well.

Oh... by the way... when you saw the bunch of us running thru the ship... we WON a family scavanger hunt... and we have the medals to prove it!!! :D

Eileen

Tom, good to see you made it back!!! Cheryl should have my email addy, I want the pic! LOL!!! I had told Walt to call me when you guys got in... I'm REEEALLY glad he didn't!!!! Sorry it was such a hectic day... I know you are glad to be home!!!!!!! Hope the rest of the trip was great and you got lots of ice cream toppings :D

Just chatted with Walt a little while ago -just to thank him for opening his home up (a port in the storm) for us for a few hours rest before we completed our drive!

I managed to post several pics (bird included) in our Webshots ... link in signature below...

The cruise, overall, was PERFECT.. just that CCL/weather issue to contend with...:rolleyes:

Yes, I had my FILL of Sundae Toppings!!!:D

Tom

Hey guys.... we had such a blast meeting you both (and everyone else).... I think we had your pelican's brother on the lifeboat ourside our cabin... we have several pictures of him... I think he hung outside for almost 24 hours before he made his flight to Tampa.

What a few last couple of days.... nothing to deter me from cruising again... but could have ABSOLUTELY been handeled differently!! CCL will be getting a letter/call from me a well.

Oh... by the way... when you saw the bunch of us running thru the ship... we WON a family scavanger hunt... and we have the medals to prove it!!! :D

Eileen

We assumed that was the case... or else you were being chased.. but you looked like you were having a BLAST!!!

Tom

Archived