What are your tipping habits?  

750 members have voted

1. 1. What are your tipping habits?

• Auto-tips + Extra cash for thos deserving it
    • Auto-tips only
    • Remove auto-tips BUT normall tip MORE than the auto tip amount in cash
    • Remove auto-tips BUT normally tip LESS than the auto tip amount in cash
    • Remove auto-tips. ZERO tips

Based on this line of thought, if someone is robbing you or beating your butt, we should just look the other way and carry on, correct? Because, what business is it of mine what someone else does to your or your family, right? Is this the ethic you expect people to have......."make sure I'm good and to hell with everyone else."?

Good point but out of context to what the discussion was about. Someone claimed to be a decent human being because they tipped. My observation was that people have different experiences in life that make different things more important and develop morals and ethics because of their experiences. The person was saying in essence that people who did not tip were not decent human beings and that all decent human beings would like them tip.

That is a far cry from violence in the street or seeing one harmed. In some cultures here in the United States, in some neighborhoods people will not stand up for others when they see things happen..Sometimes authorities have difficulty finding eye witnesses because the culture defines that they should not. Are these people not decent human beings?

• 4 weeks later...

Archived