My Sunshine Review - 30 August Sailing

HoganUK

Thanks for the review and pics. Out of all the food you listed, are any of those restaurants upcharge? Besides the Steak house of course.

Yeah, Ji Ji Asian Kitchen has a $12 cover charges, the same as the Italian which we didnt sample.

The steakhouse was $35 per person.

A few port pictures, definately the highlight of any Med Cruise:

Marseille - There is a FREE shuttle from the Port into the Old Town

SAM_2239_zps8d8d0114.jpg

Livorno - I didnt make the trip to Pisa as have been before, we took the $5 return port shuttle into the town centre

SAM_2284_zpsa75b1681.jpg

Rome - We arranged a shore excursion through cruisingexcurions.com - £30 per person and it was a great but tiring day!

SAM_2337_zps335cb50b.jpg

SAM_2362_zpsacf0f583.jpg

SAM_2388_zpsc45bb5d5.jpg

Naples - We took the Snav ferry over to Capri, one of the high lights of the cruise, $78 return, it takes 40 minutes and the ferry departs from right next to the Cruise Terminal

SAM_2438_zps30ca9aa3.jpg

SAM_2444_zps7ed7dc52.jpg

Messina - Again an shore excursion through cruising excursions, we took a tour to Taormina

SAM_2505_zpsc1bfcb57.jpg

SAM_2504_zps15c64f98.jpg

Dubrovnik - My personal favourite port! The place is simple stunning, we took the $10/€8 shuttle bus into the old port, then took the Cable Car! View was WOW!

SAM_2628_zps681be628.jpg

SAM_2664_zps1183ba29.jpg

We had a spa balcony on the same cruise and the spa consisted of two steam rooms, a room with heated ceramic loungers but no thalossopy pool unless we missed it but we were given a tour and one wasnt even mentioned on this.

Hogan uk fantastic review,the photo of The Ringer burger is making my mouth water,the burgers at Guys were the best ever and the fries were very very yummy.

We enjoyed all the eateries and have to agree Ji Jis was amazing for 12 Dollars we just had to eat there twice ,the duck starter need I say more.

One question were did you manage to get the free shuttle bus into Marseille,we joined the big que in the morning and ended up paying 14 Euros each return !!!

Just curious' date=' but what is that in the third and fourth picture of post #22, and what dining venue is it served in?[/quote']

It's the five spice ribeye steak, some garlic clove on top for dressing. It was in the steakhouse.

The Gucci ad on the side there is laughable considering how they want to preserve Venice.

Great pictures what kind of a camera did you use if you don't mind me asking?

It may have been something to do with the Venice film festival happening whilst we where in town!

Its a bog standard Samsung, SMART CAMERA DV151F i believe.

Archived