Sun Balcony Cabins

Swells1

Well, that makes sense. I guess I assumed the cabins would be identical on the Sun and Sky. :o

The Sun balcony cabins are larger. They purchased both partially completed ships at the same time. The Sky was farther along and in order to add balconies that were not in the original design they had to take cabin space. Not the case for the Sun

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

Wow, they both look great! But I like the second one better. We usually do Jr. Suites but the Sun balcony looks pretty good. We haven't been on NCL ... usually do RCCI, done one HAL and 2 Carnival, but have been looking at NCL and reading reviews ... might be an option one of these times. I still have a Next Cruise Certificate for RCCI which I won't waste, but there is also no expiration, but have seriously been looking at other lines for a lot of different reasons, especially the different itineraries.

Thanx! :)

The Sun's balcony cabins are slightly more roomy than the Jewel class ships (I've never been on one of the mega ships). The couch is more full length than the 3/4 usual size. The cabin gains the additional space because the bathroom has a slightly smaller, but still very functional design. The Sun's showers are round with a curtain rather than long with a sliding door. Also, the Sun's actual balcony is slightly bigger. We usually book a mini suite on the Jewel class ships, but on the Sun a standard balcony cabin is fine with us.

As previous posters said, the 2nd picture is a Sun balcony category cabin. It's the same size as the mini-suite on Dawn. The way I can tell is that Dawn cabins (and I think Gem as well) balcony couches are 2-cushion width, and the mini-suites are 3-cushion width, with rooms slightly longer. Sun cabin was great, but since we took a Baltic cruise in 2011, I hope NCL has updated their hair dryers. They were in the bathroom and attached with a tube. Not useful at all. Bring your own if the old ones are still in use.

As previous posters said, the 2nd picture is a Sun balcony category cabin. It's the same size as the mini-suite on Dawn. The way I can tell is that Dawn cabins (and I think Gem as well) balcony couches are 2-cushion width, and the mini-suites are 3-cushion width, with rooms slightly longer. Sun cabin was great, but since we took a Baltic cruise in 2011, I hope NCL has updated their hair dryers. They were in the bathroom and attached with a tube. Not useful at all. Bring your own if the old ones are still in use.

Sorry to tell you but the balcony cabins on the Sun still have the hair dryers you describe. Personally, I thought they were fine, but I don't have super thick hair.

Archived