Mongolian grill, why is there always a line?

granni10

When we go to the deli, fish and chips, Guys burgers, there is a short line but when we go to the Mongolian grill the line is so long. WHY? IT'S HARDER THEN TRYING TO GET A GOOD SEAT AT THE COMEDY SHOW.

Thanks

It takes a LOT longer to prepare a stir fry dish than to throw a burger patty on a bun and hand it to you. Simple as that. There were three cooks manning 3 stir fry pans each on the Elation this week, and the line was still very long on sea days. Get there right when they open, just before they close, or on port days for the shortest lines.

Plus, some passengers place more than one order at a time.

Same thing happens on the omeltte station in the morning...line may look short but then the people on the line place 2, 3 or 4 orders! That is why the line does not seem to move.

MARAPRINCE

People may complain but I think you should have to be in line to get your order... 1 order per person at a time.:D

Because it's just that good!

Totally agree...but sadly, Carnival has been phasing out the Mongolian Woks on their ships due precisely to the long lines mentioned in the thread's title. :(

A damned shame, too. Your choice of items fresh-cooked right in front of you...it was well-worth the wait. Instead I get only a "Yangtze Wok" on Victory in 30 days and no-one's sure what that means.

It does take at least a couple of minutes to cook each bowl. Plus we noticed that one person would have 3 or 4 bowls at a time causing the line not to move at all for awhile. They really need to limit it to like 2 bowls per person. Same with the omelet station.

Like your suggestion of a limit of 2 orders per passenger!

Maybe if they posted a sign to that effect it would help speed up both the MG and the omlette stations. :D

MARAPRINCE

Totally agree...but sadly, Carnival has been phasing out the Mongolian Woks on their ships due precisely to the long lines mentioned in the thread's title. :(

A damned shame, too. Your choice of items fresh-cooked right in front of you...it was well-worth the wait. Instead I get only a "Yangtze Wok" on Victory in 30 days and no-one's sure what that means.

The Mongolian Woks aren't going anywhere. If they were being phased out, then the Sunshine wouldn't have one, but it does! It's just going to be the lunchtime version of the new pay Asian restaurants instead of a standalone station in the buffet.

Paul, here's hoping the Yangtze Wok is every bit as delicious as the Mongolian Wok.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Forums mobile app

Paul, here's hoping the Yangtze Wok is every bit as delicious as the Mongolian Wok.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Forums mobile app

The Mongolian is about the only thing left that I like about Carnival. Norwegian has surpassed Carnival by leaps and bounds. If the Mongolian is discontinued, I'm afraid I will not do too many more Carnival cruises. By the way, what is a Yangtze Wok.

The Mongolian is about the only thing left that I like about Carnival. Norwegian has surpassed Carnival by leaps and bounds. If the Mongolian is discontinued, I'm afraid I will not do too many more Carnival cruises. By the way, what is a Yangtze Wok.

I think Yangtze wok is now "chopstick" on Victory which serve rotating Asian food. There's no wok station from what I heard.

I think Yangtze wok is now "chopstick" on Victory which serve rotating Asian food. There's no wok station from what I heard.

I think you're right about "Chopsticks"....although I still have no idea what "rotating Asian food" means. I don't think I've ever seen a menu posted online, either.

Archived