Passport/ BC Question

sara_jordan01

Just wanting to make sure I'm correct on something. Sail away is in a few short days and I'm having my last minute freak out I usually have. I got married a few weeks ago and have my drivers license and SS card changed to my new name. The cruise is also booked in my new name, but I didn't have time to get my name changed on my passport. Our Marriage License will work to show proof of name change right?:o

Thanks in advance!

I think you will be OK. When checking in for your cruise, having the marriage license and passport and driver's license, you should be OK.

Others may know more and answer your question. I am a worrier, but think you have all bases covered. Relax and enjoy!

I'm a worrier too, and Hubby asked yeaterday if I was SURE we would be ok. I said yes, but he planted the seed of doubt, so I had to double check!

Just wanting to make sure I'm correct on something. Sail away is in a few short days and I'm having my last minute freak out I usually have. I got married a few weeks ago and have my drivers license and SS card changed to my new name. The cruise is also booked in my new name, but I didn't have time to get my name changed on my passport. Our Marriage License will work to show proof of name change right?:o

Thanks in advance!

yes, marriage license will take care of the name change, but you should have booked your cruise the same name as on passport to avoid this

yes, marriage license will take care of the name change, but you should have booked your cruise the same name as on passport to avoid this

Ask a newlywed bride to forego using the name she has chosen to take:eek:? The cruiselines are used to this exact scenario and it won't be a problem. (DS#1 and his fiance' are taking a cruise for their honeymoon but it won't be a problem for them, they are cruising only US ports:).)

Ask a newlywed bride to forego using the name she has chosen to take:eek:? The cruiselines are used to this exact scenario and it won't be a problem. (DS#1 and his fiance' are taking a cruise for their honeymoon but it won't be a problem for them, they are cruising only US ports:).)

Name on the passport is still her name until it says otherwise

Thank you! That was my thought! I work for over 8 years to get that last name and I'm gonna use it darn it! Hehehe

You'll be fine. We've had issues with my wife's name in the system before because she had her passport amended after we were married, and the check in agents are often too lazy to read the amendment even when we show it to them. Last time they actually changed her name in the system back to her maiden name when we checked in. She was not happy. Fortunately this year it was finally time for new passports, so hopefully no more dealing with that!

That's what I did. Married in late June, honeymoon to Mexico in August and I have a girls cruise next month. All booked in my maiden name because that's what my passport has. I didn't want any trouble coming in/out of customs/immigration in Mexico and didn't wanna stress/worry for the cruise. I was worried about the turnaround time to get my passport changed and just figured it made more sense to just wait. So all of my stuff will get changed when I get back in October.

Admittedly, I was most concerned with the land vacation in MX, as Carnival is much more lenient but still, I know I have nothing to worry about if anything (heaven forbid) should happen on our cruise and I need to get home.

I'll have the name for the rest of my life; I can wait a few months. Besides...I changed it on FB and that's where everything becomes official, right?? LOL :cool:

Name on the passport is still her name until it says otherwise

And the marriage license will provide the bridge between the booking name and the name on the passport. Tisn't a big deal. (CCL just asked if we had DW's marriage license to verify the name change from what is on her Naturalization Certificate but they didn't want to see it.)

Just to cover your bases, you might want to take a certified copy (raised seal). My wife and I are in a similar predicament, so we just travel in our maiden names in order to use the passport in order to avoid having to take the birth certificate and bridge document.

Unnecessary as she has a passport. What will a BC prove. Again, not all BC's have raised seals

Archived