Any Bed Bugs In Venice Hotels?

happy 2 b cruising

I have been doing this for years no matter where we are...just habit now. Have never found any,but if one does the manager is the one to ger ahold of not just a clerk at the desk.they can move you in a heartbeat.If one does run into them the best thing to do when one gets home is to unpack in the garage and then clean verything down that can be washed with hot water and spray the suitcases.Ity will work. DH came back from Panama with bites,but did what I just wrote and never had a problem.

If the weather at home is hot when you return, you can also put clothing (and perhaps even suitcases) outside for a couple days, sealed well in trash bags. I'm not sure how hot the temperature needs to be. However, the U.S. EPA has good instructions on how to guard against the spread of bed bugs, so maybe the answer to that question is on that site. Using outdoor heat is gentler on clothing than washing them in hot water.

As for Venice, we stayed in a hotel (Hotel Rio) for two nights a few years ago. We didn't have any problems.

Good grief - almost makes me want to forget cruising forever. However, think I will take my chances and soldier on.

That makes two of us :). But it does make interesting reading.

Hank