Jewel Deck 7

Maddie444

We just decided to book the Sept. 22 cruise, on the Jewel, out of Boston.

We want balcony cabins next to each other. The only ones open are on deck 7 7080 & 7078. I have been reading about mid shipe cabins on deck 7, look down on the life boats. Does anyone have pictures of this or maybe has stayed in this section of the ship on deck 7. Are the lifeboats blocking your view? Any information on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Maddie

Hi maddie,

Sorry I can't help with what you need, but we are also on deck 7 for the same sailing. There is a meet and mingle planned, so if you are interested, please join us. There is a thread, sorry I don't know how to link to it, but it a pretty active link, so it should be close to the beginning in teh RCI roll call section! Welcome aboard! We are a family of 4, bringing our 8 and 5 year olds on their first cruise. Lots of locals on this trip.

Kim

If you are not booking the cheaper Category X Balcony Guarantee then look at the Category E2 if you want to balconies side by side for that sailing. Right now there are 2 sets of 3 side by side on deck 8.

8142, 8144 and 8146....other set of 3 is 8652, 8654 and 8656

Here is what it looks like to have a deck 7 balcony. This picture shows the coverings just outside from your balcony. It does hinder your view straight down but who really cares when you have all that beautiful ocean straight out to look at.

Click the link below to see the picture.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/215064094/215073210fyVylR

Jimbo:)

If you are not booking the cheaper Category X Balcony Guarantee then look at the Category E2 if you want to balconies side by side for that sailing. Right now there are 2 sets of 3 side by side on deck 8.

Here is what it looks like to have a deck 7 balcony. This picture shows the coverings just outside from your balcony. It does hinder your view straight down but who really cares when you have all that beautiful ocean straight out to look at.

Thanks for the info and nice pictures!

The ledge doesn't bother me but tell me are there workmen out on the ledge doing work a lot. That would bother me.:rolleyes: I would hate to have them looking in our cabin!!

Maddie

Hi maddie,

Sorry I can't help with what you need, but we are also on deck 7 for the same sailing. There is a meet and mingle planned, so if you are interested, please join us. There is a thread, sorry I don't know how to link to it, but it a pretty active link, so it should be close to the beginning in teh RCI roll call section! Welcome aboard! We are a family of 4, bringing our 8 and 5 year olds on their first cruise. Lots of locals on this trip.

Kim

Thank You Kim for responding. Isn't it great (NO FLYING) :) Cruising out of Boston. Maybe we'll see you on board.

Maddie

Thanks for the info and nice pictures!

The ledge doesn't bother me but tell me are there workmen out on the ledge doing work a lot. That would bother me.:rolleyes: I would hate to have them looking in our cabin!!

Maddie

Only out there 1 day while we were in 1 port during our 14 day Panama Canal Cruise........They are never out there when ship is moving, way to dangerous.

Was nice of that guy to take a picture of us on our balcony. :)

Maddie, Very excited about the no flying part of this trip. It was teh deciding factor this time around.

Jimbo, thanks for the pics of the balcony. I am on deck 7, way, way aft, will that ledge be under me also? I am thinking great safety feature for the kids. (In addition of course to the 4 1/2 foot railing) I know I will feel better knowing that is there.

Thanks Jimbo for the last comment. I keep wondering about the same thing on the view we are in 7654 which in back past the lifeboats but it still has a ledge. That is a big ocean and I'm sure we will be able to see plenty.

Thanks Jimbo for the last comment. I keep wondering about the same thing on the view we are in 7654 which in back past the lifeboats but it still has a ledge. That is a big ocean and I'm sure we will be able to see plenty.

Doesn't have the ledge per say but it is set back so it is even with the rest of the mid ship balconies on deck 7, it will still feel like the mid ship balconies on deck 7 though, hard to explain without seeing it in person.

Tried to find a picture but right now can't come up with one.

Just one question, I assume you picked a Category E1 for that same sailing that we are on to Hawaii, you could move to Cabin #7594 or #7592 on the bump out section near the elevators. Wouldn't cost you anything to make the switch, balcony sizes aren't that much of a difference to worry about .

Maddie, Very excited about the no flying part of this trip. It was teh deciding factor this time around.

Jimbo, thanks for the pics of the balcony. I am on deck 7, way, way aft, will that ledge be under me also? I am thinking great safety feature for the kids. (In addition of course to the 4 1/2 foot railing) I know I will feel better knowing that is there.

This picture should help you see the white ledge under the back portion of cabins on deck 7. It's not like the coverings over the life boats but the white ledge does go out just as far as the coverings do.

If you can somehow blow this picture up you can see what I'm talking about. It was taken from the Holiday Inn on the Bay in San Diego where we stayed before our Panama Cruise.

http://image18.webshots.com/18/5/13/98/215051398YsKQJu_ph.jpg

• 4 years later...

Even tho the lifeboats are hanging on the side of the ship below you, you STILL have a wonderful, unfettered view outward to the ocean....you really aren't "obstructed", unless there's some reason you must check out the barnacles on the hull of the ship.

Don't worry--- on deck 7 your view is fine!

Archived