Recent info on rental car shuttles - MIA to port?

cruisewiththekids

• 2 weeks later...

I was looking for the same info last week. I chatted with someone on their website and was told for safety concerns they do not have shuttles to the port. But after more questioning she said they will pick you up. I have not had a chance to call and get more info

The Hertz location in downtown Miami has a free POM shuttle, as do National/Alamo/Thrifty from their MIA airport location.

Others, including Avis, in downtown Miami do not offer free POM shuttles, but are only a $12 or so cab ride from the port -- could be worth it if you get a better deal on the rental rate. ;) A cab to MIA will run you $24+tip.

Good luck! :)

Dollar, Thifty, Alamo, and National provide free shuttle service from the Rental Car Center located directly across from Miami International Airport to the Port Of Miami. I've also heard that Enterprise also offers this service but I can't personally confirm it. I also know that Hertz and Avis have downtown Miami locations that are extremely close to the Port Of Miami. Budget does not have any free shuttle service from MIA. The above mentioned companies also provide free shuttle service at the conclusion of your cruise back to the Rental Car Center.

Archived