Transatlantic

kathbern

Hi Kathbern:

We live nearby Fort Lauderdale Florida and are on the same cruise as you. We are getting in the western med cruise the week before, so we are doing a back to back. The 95 degree days of summer are starting to wain here in Fort Lauderdale and more moderate temperatures are starting. Today (Sept 16) it is 80 and rainy. We still have our A/C on but usually shut it down in about 2 weeks if past years are the same. By the end of September we open up the windows and doors to the house. When the Liberty arrives in October the weather should be ideal with great sunny 80 degrees days and 60 degree nights. Perfect weather for the beach. Spring and Fall are the best times in Fort Lauderdale. Summers can be very hot and during January and February the temperature can go down too low for the beach. So you are in for the best weather Florida has to offer when you get here. We are looking forward to our two cruises aboard the Liberty and meeting everyone. Once we arrive back in Florida it is only a short car ride home for us. Best regards from the Sunshine State.

We sail on Oct 30 and go to FLL, too. I asked this question on my roll call. There are lots of veteran TA cruisers on our cruise.

They said it could be chilly or warm in Barcelona and a little rain. They said this is the time frame the weather begins to cool down in Barcelona. [each year is different]

They said as we sailed further south and west it gets warmer and it is good for the use of the pool.

November is a great month in FLL. It is after hurricane season and still warm--not hot.

Have you asked this on your roll call?

Our experience Oct 2011, was low 70's in Barcelona, very comfortable, we had good weather throughout the ports, a little cooler at Santa Cruz then crossing the Atlantic we were by passing a tropical storm so had off and on rainy/windy days but not bad. One evening was rocky but again nothing really bad.

I hope your disembarking in Ft lauderdale surpases ours, it was a nightmare. Many never got off until close to noon. Some 200 + missed their post cruise tours, we had an 8:30 departure and began leaving the ship after 10 AM & out to the parking lot around 11, so RCCL had to call for extra buses to get everyone back to the airport. You will love the TA, I could go again except for disembarking.:)

I hope your disembarking in Ft lauderdale surpases ours, it was a nightmare. Many never got off until close to noon. Some 200 + missed their post cruise tours, we had an 8:30 departure and began leaving the ship after 10 AM & out to the parking lot around 11, so RCCL had to call for extra buses to get everyone back to the airport. You will love the TA, I could go again except for disembarking.:)

I am a little worried about that. We plan to do self disembark. Our flight is at 1:10 pm from FLL. When we booked this we thought we had plenty of time to make that flight.

We paid for Southwest to do an "early bird check in" for us. I hope it works out OK.

Archived