Scenic Ocean View Cabin

asdoubleu

So I just booked a scenic oceanview cabin on the Sunshine for my cruise in September 2014, has anyone stayed in one of these? I've seen the pictures and they look awesome but I wanted to know if there are any negatives besides the obvious that I will most likely not be getting any price reductions due to the limited availability of this particular cabin. I'm thinking about getting one for a b2b on the Glory for next year as well but am holding off for now. I've had the 4J cabin before and liked those so I'm guessing this one should be even better. If you have any info I'd appreciate your experiences whether it was personal or from what you have heard from others. At least my wife is happy for now! ;)

I have a deluxe scenic ocean view (6K) booked for December of this year on the Glory, so it will be a while before I can give a first-hand account. I would agree if you liked the 4J you should like the 6J even better. You already know what it's like to be all the way forward. The 6J will have more square footage, and the view will be better.

I will write a review when I get back after the holidays and take lots of pictures.

I said "deluxe" in my earlier post, but, of course, the correct terminology is scenic grand ocean view. Anyway, I wanted to add that per other reports here on CC there is a notification in the cabins that indicates you must close your blinds after dark in these cabins because the lights from your cabin can cause interference on the bridge. There is a switch on the wall to open and close the blinds.

We have always been in balconies, so this will be very different for us, but we wanted to try it once and see how we like it. The square footage of 9201 on the Glory is listed at 320 sq. ft., so I'm looking forward to all that space.

We stayed in a grand oceanview on the Valor a couple of weeks ago. The views were amazing. We were doing a b2b and I honestly think we enjoyed the oceanview better than the lido balcony we had the next week.

We actually got an awesome rate. Booked early in a 6J and found a couple of signifigant price drops, then one morning at about 3 a.m. I was checking rates and found a 6k open up for the same price. My advise just keep watching the rates. You never know when someone might cancel or decide to "upgrade" to a balcony.

As far as the blinds go, we left them open a couple of nights after we went to bed and enjoyed the nighttime sky. All lights were off in the room and no one ever gave us a hard time.

It just kind of bothers me to know that odds are we will never be that fortunate again to get such a great room and at such a great rate.

My friends and I have a Grand Scenic Oceanview cabin (9200) on the Glory booked for November of this year. I promise I will come back and give details....if you would like and can wait that long. :D

I can wait trust me, my cruise in this cabin category isn't until 9/5/14 so any info prior to will be well appreciated.

My advise just keep watching the rates. You never know when someone might cancel or decide to "upgrade" to a balcony.

I will definitely do this as I will need to stay on top of it just as I would any other cabin I book. I'm excited about it and thank you all for your information.

We have room 9200 booked on the Glory next month. Really looking forward to it.

Here is a review from someone that stayed in one on the Glory.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1903467

Am going to post pics when we get back.

Thanks for posting that review. I am looking forward to this cabin as well. I will be looking for your review/pics in early November. Enjoy it and thanks for your response.

We stayed in the Grand Ocean View on the Conquest 2nd sailing out of dry doc. It was fabulous!!!!!Pulling into the ports was wonderful as you have the same view as the captain. Room is huge. It was my husband and me along with 2 teenage boys and we had plenty of room. The down side is the windows are slanted at an angle so the sun exposure is great therefore the room is very warm during the day. When you leave your room make sure the blinds are closed or the AC will never catch up at night. They do ask you to close your blinds after dark if the lights are on in your cabin. The Captain WILL call your room steward. The room is conveniently located also. Not sure what those cabins are going for but I got it for less than a balcony. Im sure they were just promoting it because of it being a new category at the time. I would definitely book it again if I could afford it.

We got it for less than a balcony room also. It is the highest priced oceanview room though. We just lucked into it, a PVP told us about it when we were looking at cruises. We had never even heard of them before. Booked it in Feb. for Oct. We will have wife, daughter and me plus my mom coming from Iowa going on her first cruise. She is getting more excited after showing her pics of the room.

Archived